Windows 10: How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?

Discus and support How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Prior versions of Windows Live Photos had a toolbar on top. [ATTACH] The current version has no such option that would allow for manually entering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan.Ogden, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Dan.Ogden Win User

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?

Prior versions of Windows Live Photos had a toolbar on top.

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos? c6ebbae1-318e-45a2-8d20-35df43f47319?upload=true.png

The current version has no such option that would allow for manually entering multiple different tags on a single photo in the Edit or any other section.

Has this feature been removed? Or, if not, how does one tag multiple faces in a single photo, manually?

:)

Dan.Ogden, Jan 29, 2021

2. Face tags in Photos

I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct
    the many wrong face tags. So useless!!

Jesper Frickmann, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Greedo Win User
    Windows Photos App face tagging

The Windows 10 Photos App automatically tags faces in photos. It puts the results of these efforts in the People tab:

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos? 91otg.png

Recently I imported 50 or so photos and when I checked a day later about half of them were tagged. Since then I imported a few thousand more, yet the face tagging has not updated at all, it just seems to have given up.

Is there any way to prompt the app to tag a few more photos, or anything I can do to encourage it?

NB I've seen various places where I'm told to turn on the appropriate setting, but it's been on all this time

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos? iesx2.png

Specs:

Microsoft Photos: 2018.18051.17710.0

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Greedo, Jan 29, 2021
  4. How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?

Windows Photo - will it be updated to allow tagging faces?

I downloaded Photos today because it claimed to tag faces, but I find it works in only the most rudimentary way and from reading other forums in the community, it seems like I'm not missing some important how-to that could be user-error. I find that:

• the people tab does sort by people and lets me name groups and combine groups under the same name tag
    • it only tags one person per photograph
    • it doesn't allow me to tag additional people (eg by putting a box around a face and naming it)
    • it doesn't allow me to rename or refile mis-tagged images (has photos of my brothers under my sister's group)
    My question before I invest any further time into exploring what promised to be a helpful, time-saving tagging process, is:

Will this app be further developed to include options for tagging more than one person per photo and correcting incorrectly tagged photos? I have thousands of genealogical family photos, not to mention my own family collection and if this isn't going to
    work, I'll just uninstall and continue using my other software.

LynnDosch1, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?

1. How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos? - Similar Threads - does manually tag

2. Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos face tagging missing a ton of photos: I can see my photos and folders thousands of photos of people and places. But, the face tagging section of the app only sees a handful 5% of total of photos. Is there a way to force this functionality to sync?...
  3. Manually add photos to grouped faces in Windows 11 Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually add photos to grouped faces in Windows 11 Photos app: Hi there,The facial recognition feature has scanned my whole photo library and created the groups as expected. However many photos in my library have not been added to groups as they should have. I assume this is a function of the feature not working fully.Is there a way...
  4. Manually add photos to grouped faces in Windows 11 Photos app

Manually add photos to grouped faces in Windows 11 Photos app: Hi there,The facial recognition feature has scanned my whole photo library and created the groups as expected. However many photos in my library have not been added to groups as they should have. I assume this is a function of the feature not working fully.Is there a way...
  5. Face Grouping in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Face Grouping in Photos: Does anyone know how to move a photo from one face grouping to another in the Photos app? My son and daughter looked very similar when they were young and a couple hundred photos of my daughter are showing up under my son's face grouping. Can I move these to her face...
  6. Face Grouping in Photos

Face Grouping in Photos: Does anyone know how to move a photo from one face grouping to another in the Photos app? My son and daughter looked very similar when they were young and a couple hundred photos of my daughter are showing up under my son's face grouping. Can I move these to her face...
  7. Manually add people tags in photos

Manually add people tags in photos: I'm using the photos app to organise my large collection of photos. It has done a great job of automatically tagging people, and also my cat. Hoping to find a way of manually adding tags to my photos, actually mainly of the cat. Photos has only found something like 38...
  8. Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application

Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application: Is there a way to add people tags to individual photos using the Windows 10 Photos application? I am familiar with the AI tagging feature which identifies unique faces throughout the entire photo collection and then allows you to name those faces. However, the AI tagging...
  9. Face tags in Photos

Face tags in Photos: I spent countless hours face tagging and rating my photo collection with Photo Gallery from Windows Live Essentials. What a waste. Photos will not use all this data, and it cannot tell the difference between my son and my daughter. Nor will it let me correct the many wrong...
  10. Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos

Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos: Is there a way to manually tag photos the scan has missed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-tagging-of-photos-in-windows-photos/ef5aed2d-196a-42c7-8797-8548c603a7a3