Windows 10: How does one replace SSD and install windows clean?

Discus and support How does one replace SSD and install windows clean? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My current ssd is corruption, just old, and bad. I have no more intention of keep it. I want to fully replace SSD, but i want to know How does one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rarther, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Rarther Win User

How does one replace SSD and install windows clean?

My current ssd is corruption, just old, and bad. I have no more intention of keep it. I want to fully replace SSD, but i want to know How does one reinstall my windows clean ? I have my activation key, and i want to keep all of the Things that my Nitro 5 AN515-54 has, like wall paper and nitro sense.What i want to do tldr : Replace SSD, install windows 10 home with all of the product of Nitro 5 AN515-54

:)

Rarther, Jun 25, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 25, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

Motherboard and SSD Replacement: Need Backup Advice

As I understood, a Dell technician will go to your house and replace the MB and the SSD.

You must have to do some homework before he arrives.
    - Make a Disk image of both drives (SSD and HDD) and save it to an external drive.
    - As they will take the old SSD and MB, I suggest you wipe the SSD (it has many user data on it) before he arrive as it can take some hours to clean all clusters.

To wipe the SSD:
    - Disconnect the HDD from the MB.
    - Boot from a Windows installation media (USB, DVD, etc.) When the Windows setup wizard shows up, simultaneously press the Shift + F10 keys on your keyboard. It will open a CMD window. Type:

diskpart
    list disk (it will list all drives. Identify the SSD drive number)
    select disk n (replace n by the SSD drive number obtained with list disk)
    clean all
    exit (to exit diskpart)

Megahertz, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. How does one replace SSD and install windows clean? - Similar Threads - does replace SSD

2. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD replacement and clean install win 10: I am replacing my primary SSD as it's failed, when I come to reinstall windows 10 which was preinstalled when i bought the laptop new onto the new SSD, will the machine recognise it is authorised to reinstall it as of course I was given no product key or does the broken SSD...
  3. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD replacement and clean install win 10: I am replacing my primary SSD as it's failed, when I come to reinstall windows 10 which was preinstalled when i bought the laptop new onto the new SSD, will the machine recognise it is authorised to reinstall it as of course I was given no product key or does the broken SSD...
  4. SSD replacement and clean install win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Replacing HDD with SSD, want clean install windows. Win install does not see my SSD drive,...

Replacing HDD with SSD, want clean install windows. Win install does not see my SSD drive,...: How to install clean Windows 10 on SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-hdd-with-ssd-want-clean-install-windows/96bc1c27-3c59-4094-9b45-2b9a5de7091b
  6. Replacing HDD with SSD, want clean install windows. Win install does not see my SSD drive,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD with SSD, want clean install windows. Win install does not see my SSD drive,...: How to install clean Windows 10 on SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-hdd-with-ssd-want-clean-install-windows/96bc1c27-3c59-4094-9b45-2b9a5de7091b
  7. Replacing HDD with SSD, want clean install windows. Win install does not see my SSD drive,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Does a Win Repair replace Windows (1903) or will only a Clean Install

Does a Win Repair replace Windows (1903) or will only a Clean Install: My Comp is still working (2019) but I have profile, UAC and Passwords that I would like to renew and update as they are all at least 15 Years old' will a Repair of my OS fix all these Problems, meaning does it install a new Windows 10 1903 OS as well or do I have to go the...
  9. How to clean install windows to ssd

How to clean install windows to ssd: So I've had a gaming laptop that I haven't touched and it didn't have any hard drives connected to it (moved it to my now current gaming pc). So I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a new ssd then clean install it from my computer and transfer the ssd to my laptop...
  10. Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one

Windows 10 clean install on SSD for HP All-in-one: I bought an HP all-in-one and want to do a clean install of Windows 10 on it. It currently has an HDD and I want to do the install on an SSD. Any help would be greatly appreciated....