Windows 10: How does one report an update issue?

Discus and support How does one report an update issue? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft "techies" - I wish to report a SEVERE issue when applying optional update KB5003690When applied it effectively forces the desktop computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johnbespoke, Jun 22, 2021.

1. How does one report an update issue?

Hi Microsoft "techies" - I wish to report a SEVERE issue when applying optional update KB5003690When applied it effectively forces the desktop computer display to 640x360 - it then being impossible toreturn to the monitor's standard of 1280x1024This is ifuriating as the Uninstall of this faulty update does NOT return the computer to the previous correct setting; - the machine has to be MANUALLY switched off and restarted!This is GROSSLY INCONVENIENT if one is endeavouring to maintain several computers remotely.... and YES - I've tried to report this sensibly but contacting Microsoft techs is

:)

Johnbespoke, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2021
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 22, 2021
  4. How does one report an update issue?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

How does one report an update issue?

1. How does one report an update issue? - Similar Threads - does report update

2. How to Disable one of Windows Freeze Detectors/Reporters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable one of Windows Freeze Detectors/Reporters: Basically, as I'm playing some resource intensive games which are modded, I might freeze for 2 or 3 Seconds, which isn't a problem and it quickly unfreezes and I get to continue playing my games Like Snowrunner or ATS2 for example.However there's a slight chance for one of...
  3. How to Disable one of Windows Freeze Detectors/Reporters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable one of Windows Freeze Detectors/Reporters: Basically, as I'm playing some resource intensive games which are modded, I might freeze for 2 or 3 Seconds, which isn't a problem and it quickly unfreezes and I get to continue playing my games Like Snowrunner or ATS2 for example.However there's a slight chance for one of...
  4. How to Disable one of Windows Freeze Detectors/Reporters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS?: Hi Team, how does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-report-a-spelling-mistake-within-a/54e0c194-e3ed-4b04-8ced-665e51109e8c
  6. How does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS?: Hi Team, how does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-report-a-spelling-mistake-within-a/54e0c194-e3ed-4b04-8ced-665e51109e8c
  7. How does one report a spelling mistake within a Microsoft OS?

8. report an issue

report an issue: I have been facing many problems in my windows 10 , 1.any browser is not opening. 2.i can't even download and use other apps . 3.and it is hanging up all the time it is recently bought laptop with all the updated versions , then why it is showing these kind of...
  9. Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update issues - DISM reporting 0x8E5E0147: I've been having trouble installing updates for a while. Tonight I tried installing .NET 3.5 and it gave me 0x8E5E0147. I tried downloading a new Win ISO and running: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:[USB with ISO]:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess It...
  10. How in hell does one “enable check for updates...”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How in hell does one “enable check for updates...”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daemon7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxo0pi/how_in_hell_does_one_enable_check_for_updates/