Windows 10: How does one save a theme/make a theme?

Discus and support How does one save a theme/make a theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So apparently at least for me this feature really doesn't work at all. When I'm wanting to save my current "theme" I notice that it says for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradleyISuppose, Apr 30, 2019.

1. How does one save a theme/make a theme?

So apparently at least for me this feature really doesn't work at all. When I'm wanting to save my current "theme" I notice that it says for the background is called Untitled (and the image I'm using has a name and isn't called that) curious to why it says that but looking past that when I do click save and give the theme a name it saves it as an Unsaved Theme. What does this even mean? Shouldn't it have been called what I called it? And when I do switch between the theme and a different one the "custom theme" doesn't switch the background at all.

:)

BradleyISuppose, Apr 30, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 30, 2019
  3. windows 10 how do I save a custom theme AND how do I delete a theme

Hi,

To assist you better about your issue in renaming a rheme, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Go to all settings.
    • Click personalization.
    • Click themes and go to theme settings.
    • Go to Desktop Background.
    • Rename your theme.

In deleting your save theme, you can go to your desktop and remove it. But you cannot delete the default theme.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 30, 2019
  4. How does one save a theme/make a theme?

download theme

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are looking for themes to download. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the steps to download themes and set it as your default theme for your desktop:

• Type themes in the search bar.
    • From the dropdown list, select Change the theme.
    • Under my themes, click on Get more themes online.
    • That should take you to the Microsoft Theme Center.
    • Click Download on the theme you choose and click save.
    • Double click on the theme program and follow the onscreen instructions.

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/themes

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-get-started-with-themes

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

How does one save a theme/make a theme?

1. How does one save a theme/make a theme? - Similar Threads - does save theme

2. Unable to Delete Saved Themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Delete Saved Themes: I know how to add and change themes, But how do I DELETE themes I no longer want saved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-saved-themes/c1f7fed6-842f-4ca9-b10a-9bd252526da2
  3. About saving theme images

About saving theme images: I downloaded themes from Microsoft store in windows 10. I like very much, so i want the theme wallpapers as jpg format. So how can i save them as image file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-saving-theme-images/6c0f194a-9ab2-4e4d-b4d1-c043cc4931bc
  4. Problem Saving Theme

Problem Saving Theme: I can't keep my own theme which is from an earlier version of Win 10. I can't save same theme and I always receive the following message: "Use custom theme". Please advise how to solve same issue John [Original Title: THEMES in settings]...
  5. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present: Hi, I'm trying to create a theme for my PC, however on the Settings page the "Save theme" button is not present. Instead, there is a "Use a custom theme" button which, when pressed, seems to swap me in and out of one of the High Contrast themes. Is there any way I can get...
  6. save a theme error

save a theme error: what happens if I press save in the "save a theme" error. will it run a virus on my computer? was it good to choose save? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-theme-error/3a1e04bd-278e-48e9-880f-a612f22ba280
  7. Cannot Save Theme

Cannot Save Theme: Hello, I've encountered problem when i try to name theme from "Save Theme" it suddenly disappear,so it prevent me from saving the theme. Any help will be appreciated, thank you...
  8. Constant "Save a Theme" Popup

Constant "Save a Theme" Popup: I am receiving regular Windows popups titled "Save a Theme" with the content: "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" It appears to come at random every now and then. Why is this happening all of a sudden? Windows...
  9. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...
  10. Find the saved themes - how

Find the saved themes - how: Ok, I made a couple of themes, no problem with that but I neglected to make one of them a slideshow and can't find where to alter the theme itself. Start - Control Panel - Personalization only allows me to choose a finished one. I want to edit one and have no clue where to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save the poppup