Windows 10: How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click...

Discus and support How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have made changes to the sleep mode times in Settings in Windows 10. I don't see any way to save them. Thanks for help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shorelineuser, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click...

I have made changes to the sleep mode times in Settings in Windows 10. I don't see any way to save them. Thanks for help.

:)

shorelineuser, Oct 30, 2018

2. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

I've just installed Vista newly *Smile How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click... :)

After installing this and that, I transferred my movies from external hdd
    to vista. It was gonna take a while so I left the house for some hour.

When I was back my computer was in sleep mode, (which I never used in XP)
    and I pressed this and that button and some wriggles of mouse and clicks and even pressed my power button. Soon whichever did the trick, my screen went from black to Resuming... ( or something similar)

But nothing else happened so I used my reset button on my case to
    force it to restart and got it back working.

Here are some questions :

1. During Sleep Mode, will my downloads work? Will torrents or just direct downloads from a website continue to download while in sleep mode?

2. How do I properly wake it up from sleep? I've set it up so I have to
    enter my account password but I never even got to that screen so had to reset.

How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click... attachment.jpg

3. If you look at the attached photo, there is "Turn off harddisk after" setting. Right now it is at default 20 minutes. Does this mean that my hdd will turn off 20 minutes after going to sleep? Or just 20 miutes of idle?

4. Lastly, if my downloads won't work during default sleep mode setting, can I change the settings shown in the screenshot to make it possible? If so what settings should I change?

Thanks for reading this long and noob questions *Smile How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click... :)

spencer22l, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click...

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click...

1. How does one save the changes made to settings for Sleep mode. There is no button to click... - Similar Threads - does save changes

2. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  3. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  4. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode: I am preparing a Lenovo Flex 4 laptop for Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE). Looks like Lenovo's default touchpad driver configuration is misconfigured such that two finger tap (right click) does not work. I found setting the registry under...
  6. Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the primary mouse button setting on one computer changes the setting simultaneouly...: Our home office has a couple of PC computers an ACER Spin laptop and a custom AMD desktop running entirely separate Windows accounts on different email addresses. The problem: When a user changes the primary button in the Settings>Mouse page on one of the computers, the...
  7. Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up.........

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on settings button in windows 10 and it does not open settings up.........: I've checked the web looking for a simple way to re-activate my settings on windows 10. Really a bit confusing. Is there a simple way? Otherwise I will not get all the new updates. Thanks much...
  8. 'Save as' button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Save as' button does not work: How do I fix the 'save as' button? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-button-does-not-work/ab991c4e-1d90-4ab6-84e6-c6b0a1fd01c9"
  9. Can't change Sleep Mode settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't change Sleep Mode settings: I have windows 10 on my desktop. In Power and sleep settings no matter what i do, it keeps resetting every evening back to sleep after 1min. I have changed reg settings and made custom power settings, but nothing works for more than a day or two. Getting very tiresome!...
  10. Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving: I'm having some issues making changes in Windows 10 Home, whenever I make a change in services, for example disabling the Windows Update service, I can reboot the device and it has changed back to manual. Same thing happens for the time service, if I change it to automatic...