Windows 10: How does one stop folders being organized by date, when Downloading and Saving a file?

Discus and support How does one stop folders being organized by date, when Downloading and Saving a file? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can stop normal folders from being organized by date (click on "View", "Group By", and choose "None"), in Explorer, but when I want to DOWNLOAD a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KMOK, Oct 18, 2019.

1. KMOK Win User

How does one stop folders being organized by date, when Downloading and Saving a file?

I can stop normal folders from being organized by date (click on "View", "Group By", and choose "None"), in Explorer, but when I want to DOWNLOAD a file, the Download (or Document) folder view automatically sorts itself by date, and this is incredibly irritating. This is a new development as of October 2019. There appears to be no way to change the lay out when downloading a file - I have checked both the "Organise" menu - and the menu view bit on the right.

How does one stop folders being organized by date, when Downloading and Saving a file? 222ab638-85ec-470d-8b35-35896b83aef1?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

How does one stop folders being organized by date, when Downloading and Saving a file?

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How does one stop folders being organized by date, when Downloading and Saving a file? - Similar Threads - does stop folders

2. Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save As groups download folder, how do I stop it?: I will frequently download things from the web but when I go to save it in the downloads folder, it will Group the subfolders and files by date. See example:As you see, it's alpha sorted first by subfolders, and then by the other files in the folder for sake of image size I...
  3. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder: I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My Games. I uninstalled OneDrive, but that didn't help, so the files are still saved there.Is there something I have to disable or...
  4. I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't stop files from being saved to the OneDrive folder: I need to have a particular game's files saved to My Documents for it to work, but every time I install it, it gets saved to OneDrive/Documents./My Games. I uninstalled OneDrive, but that didn't help, so the files are still saved there.Is there something I have to disable or...
  5. downloads are not being saved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads are not being saved: Message from Windows 10: C:\Users\name\Downloads is unavailable. I have made no changes to anything on my computer but suddenly I am unable to access anything I saved to downloads.The above message appears or a message stating: file could not be found.Everything was working...
  6. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  7. How does one fix the Download file section being deleted?

How does one fix the Download file section being deleted?: Not only were the files deleted, so was the location itself after I ran an uninstall program for an Arduino file. How would I fix the download folder being deleted?...
  8. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...
  9. Downloads Folder Organization - How to prevent folders from being grouped separate from files?

Downloads Folder Organization - How to prevent folders from being grouped separate from files?: Hello, My mission is simple. How can I organize my downloads folder so that when I choose to sort the contents of said folder by date modified, ALL of the contents are organized by their date. No matter what option I choose right now, it will sort the various file types by...
  10. Saving files and download in one folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving files and download in one folder: Hi guys, it is possible to always save and download in one folder windows 10? 123933

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when saving a file download the folders are grouped by today earlier this week etc