Windows 10: how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account

Discus and support how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; everywhere says check setting and it indeed says activated using a digital key, but thing is i'm not sure if the one my roomate got went to my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CloudedxMarbles, Apr 29, 2022.

1. how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account

everywhere says check setting and it indeed says activated using a digital key, but thing is i'm not sure if the one my roomate got went to my account or his or both because i have no way to see what account has purchased it, kind of annoying as i may be wasting money buying a key when i already have one, i'm mainly curious as if he moves or i do and his account gets taken off i'm probably going to hve problems

:)

CloudedxMarbles, Apr 29, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 29, 2022
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account :(

Zakin, Apr 29, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account

1. how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account - Similar Threads - does tell key

2. Does any one know how to fix this??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does any one know how to fix this??: I've tried switching to Windows ten ,updating but still the same problem and when I check what version of direct x 12 my pc is running it says directx 12 but when I try switching to direct x 12 on games it does not work please help....
  3. Does any one know how to fix this??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does any one know how to fix this??: I've tried switching to Windows ten ,updating but still the same problem and when I check what version of direct x 12 my pc is running it says directx 12 but when I try switching to direct x 12 on games it does not work please help....
  4. how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account: everywhere says check setting and it indeed says activated using a digital key, but thing is i'm not sure if the one my roomate got went to my account or his or both because i have no way to see what account has purchased it, kind of annoying as i may be wasting money buying...
  5. how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how does one tell if any windows 10 key is actually attached to you're account: everywhere says check setting and it indeed says activated using a digital key, but thing is i'm not sure if the one my roomate got went to my account or his or both because i have no way to see what account has purchased it, kind of annoying as i may be wasting money buying...
  6. How much does Windows 10 actually cost?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How much does Windows 10 actually cost?: I'm a Linux user who needs to migrate to Windows for several reasons. I'm confused because the official Microsoft website offers a certain (quite expensive) price to obtain Windows 10, while other non-official websites offer access keys for much, much less. Do these actually...
  7. How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How does NCryptCreatePersistedKey actually persist the key: Hello, I'm using the NCrypt API to create a persisted named key backed by the TPM store and en/decrypt data with it. So far working fine. Now I want to use that key in Linux. What I'd like to know is how exactly does NCryptCreatePersistedKey work in relation to the...
  8. How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?: How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything? I have a vpn which came free with a subscription andI'm trying it out, but I don't notice any difference. the vpn is Vyprvpn. 132826
  9. How to attach two digital license key with one account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to attach two digital license key with one account?: I have two digital license key. How can I attach both of them to one account, so that whenever i buy a second laptop and login with Microsoft account that will be activated using second key....
  10. can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop: It has been easy to go to progams, right click and send to desktop. But not seeing how to do it in windows 10 and instructions, I can add to taskbar, and add to start menu, but not to desktop. I also cant email a link from edge(hate it, it is slow a wet whistle on every...