Windows 10: How does OneNote know what to backup?

Discus and support How does OneNote know what to backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've used OneNote for years and never paid attention to automated processes like backup. However, I have been migrating from a WIndows 7 PC running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SOHO1, Sep 14, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

How does OneNote know what to backup?

I've used OneNote for years and never paid attention to automated processes like backup. However, I have been migrating from a WIndows 7 PC running OneNote 2010 to a Windows 10 PC running OneNote 2010. Some notebooks are unique on each PC and some are shared on a OneDrive.

The problem is that recently some notebooks have developed some corruptions for whatever reason and OneNote won't backup anything. I thought I found and fixed these corruptions, but the backups are failing again.

WHAT I NOTICED and didn't expect, is now that I am watching, the backups on the Win10 PC are citing notebooks not used on that PC at all. In fact, there are some deprecated notebooks not in use on either PC that are being "backed up" before the failure.

The Windows 10 PC started with an empty slate and I had manually chosen which notebooks to open, so I have NO IDEA where OneNote is picking up some of these items it claims to be backing up (before the complete and utter failure. "Onenote has enountered an error".)

Can someone clue me in so that I can get a complete backup accomplished of the notebooks that I AM ACTUALLY WORKING WITH? Thanks!

:)

SOHO1, Sep 14, 2016

2. Copy Pics or files from OneNote and attach to text message

Does anyone know how to copy a picture in OneNote and paste it in a text message (both on my phone)? Microsoft phone.

Moved from: Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

JamesNeely, Sep 14, 2016
  3. How Does File History Know What Files to Back Up?

Hello,

If you have activated File History, it will keep log files that have been created or modified. It will also check and make a back up of the directories that has been modified or created.

To set up File History, kindly refer to the link below:

File History

Note: This will also work on Windows 10

Regards.

Anthony Cato, Sep 14, 2016
  4. SOHO1 Win User

PS
    Tried to rebuild the cache, still it thinks it knows notebooks to backup that I am not using.

SOHO1, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

1. How does OneNote know what to backup? - Similar Threads - does OneNote backup

2. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this is?: can this be malware? I have fully scanned my pc but nothing showed up and tried finding what this is but cant seem to find it anywhere in the task manager or services. my pc has been under performing lately my cpu usage has always been high when all i got open was a...
  3. Does anyone know what this is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does anyone know what this is?: can this be malware? I have fully scanned my pc but nothing showed up and tried finding what this is but cant seem to find it anywhere in the task manager or services. my pc has been under performing lately my cpu usage has always been high when all i got open was a...
  4. Does anyone know what is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  5. Does anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone knows what is it?: Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to go to the desktop. Most of the it...
  6. Does anyone know how to restore backup with Paragon 17?

Does anyone know how to restore backup with Paragon 17?: [IMG] I cannot believe that I can't figure this out. I have 5 different volumes to select from and only 2 volume destinations. Here is what it looks like. the D: is a separate backup drive. The C: volume and the other Local Disk NFTS volume are the only possible...
  7. Does anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...
  8. Windows backup does not know what day it is [locked]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup does not know what day it is [locked]: [ATTACH] Today is saturday. Once again my PC is acting sluggish and once again I open task manager to see what useless windows services are running and what do I see? backup running. dont care, end task, goodbye. So i open control panel and I see this. Schedule, every sunday...
  9. windows backup does not know what day it is

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows backup does not know what day it is: [ATTACH] Today is saturday. Once again my PC is acting sluggish and once again I open task manager to see what useless windows services are running and what do I see? backup running. dont care, end task, goodbye. So i open control panel and I see this. Schedule, every sunday...
  10. How to backup Onenote for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup Onenote for Windows 10?: ***Note! This is about Onenote for Windows 10. Not the separate Onenote which comes with Office. How does one backup Onenote for Windows 10? I know it's synchronized but for instance in a case of an accidental delete. ***Note! This is about Onenote for Windows 10. Not the...