Windows 10: How does the dust option work ?

Discus and support How does the dust option work ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Curious to know how the dust option works and how often to do it ? Thanks *Smile 44133 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

How does the dust option work ?

Curious to know how the dust option works and how often to do it ?

Thanks *Smile

:)

Arcadian, Mar 14, 2016

2. Volume down key not working properly

Not sure what the issue is but I'm guessing that depending on your device and how much "space" there is around your volume rocker, possibly some dust (lint??) got stuck in it. I would try blowing around the rocker with air to see if it makes a difference.

The only other option is to perform a hard reset and setup the device again. If it works then something had an effect on it. If it does not, then your device is defective and should be sent in for repair/replacement.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 14, 2016
  3. oafl Win User
    Dust on camera lens of 6210 navigator

Lately I've noticed that the pictures that I take with my phone aren't as good as they used to be. When I took a close look at the camera lens, I noticed that there appeared to be dust on the lens. Does anyone know how to remove the lens for cleaning, or
    is there another way of removing the dust?

4. Edwin New Member

Could you be a little more specific please?

Edwin, Mar 14, 2016
  5. The phrase Whiskey Tango Foxtrot comes to mind. In all seriousness, we really need some kind of detail or explanation with this question.

DeaconFrost, Mar 14, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    What is the dust option?

Winuser, Mar 14, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes.. this still works..

How does the dust option work ? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Mar 14, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

Desktop it works well and easily, as long as you hold the can nozzle end up.

Laptop is problematic, depending on the laptop.

The oftener the better I guess.*Smile

Word Man, Mar 14, 2016
  9. Why not wait for the OP to respond before useless speculation takes over the thread ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 14, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
  11. Arcadian Win User
    Arcadian, Mar 14, 2016
  12. That's the type of information that would have been very helpful in your first post.

Honestly, it screams gimmick. I could be wrong, but I don't see how a software app is going to somehow convince the hardware to remove dust from itself.

DeaconFrost, Mar 14, 2016
  13. Arcadian Win User

Only just found it after reading the above !

Arcadian, Mar 14, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Mar 14, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    I suspect if just runs the fan on max speed for a period of time. Not very effective. I would use the dust removal option presented in post #5 a couple times a year (depending on environment).

NavyLCDR, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

1. How does the dust option work ? - Similar Threads - does dust option

2. the download option does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the download option does not work: I tried to download to files from my e-mail, but it does not go thru to the download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-download-option-does-not-work/0430a145-e541-49bc-8928-dd628219c1ca
  3. the download option does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the download option does not work: I tried to download to files from my e-mail, but it does not go thru to the download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-download-option-does-not-work/0430a145-e541-49bc-8928-dd628219c1ca
  4. the download option does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluetooth gone like dust

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth gone like dust: I trying to connect now my mouse using Bluetooth but the Bluetooth itself is missing. I restart my laptop and its the same. I have Lenovo device. Im just using it yesterday without problem....
  6. Bluetooth gone like dust

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth gone like dust: I trying to connect now my mouse using Bluetooth but the Bluetooth itself is missing. I restart my laptop and its the same. I have Lenovo device. Im just using it yesterday without problem....
  7. Cleaning Dust of GPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning Dust of GPU: Hey all! So it's been a while since I last cleaned my GPU. I usually very careful use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out of the fan. I know this isn't the safest option but nothing has happened yet! This time I want to do it with a air compressor to try and clean out all...
  8. how exactly does the notify before download option work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how exactly does the notify before download option work: i have windows 10 pro build 1809. in my windows updates i have the download and install link for build 1903. i dont want to upgrade to build 1903 now because there are still some issues in it as i know the end of life of build 1809 is may 2020 and it will start to nag me to...
  9. Lenovo Dust Fan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Dust Fan: where can I find the link to download the Lenovo Dust Fan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-dust-fan/428afc22-b085-47da-9d96-cf512651c504
  10. how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how often and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard?: How often, and how to clean out the dust on the motherboard and other hardware components? 100575