Windows 10: How does the Storage Sense work?

Discus and support How does the Storage Sense work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, just reinstalled my Windows, doing some optimizations. I've activated Storage Sense for like 2p minutes, but I found out it is better to have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Apr 10, 2021.

1. How does the Storage Sense work?

Hey, just reinstalled my Windows, doing some optimizations. I've activated Storage Sense for like 2p minutes, but I found out it is better to have it disabled. How fast does the Sense start deleting files? I have installed nothing on my PC so far.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Geosammy Win User

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

Hi there,
    I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it.
    I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage.

How does the Storage Sense work? [​IMG]

If you were able to view the image above.
    As you can see, there are no drives showing and I also can't turn this feature on.
    I did have it enabled prior to the most recent windows update.

How does the Storage Sense work? [​IMG]

I can't remember the last time I used this feature.
    However, it was working in the past, but now it doesn't seem to function like it use to.*cry

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and or how I might go about correcting this issue,
    would be greatly appreciated.

If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks.

Geosammy, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Storage Sense not working properly

Hi SamSan7,

Corrupted system files is one of the possible reasons why the Storage Sense feature is not working on your Windows 10 computers. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try to run the System File Checker tool and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to scan and correct any issues. System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in tool in the operating system. SFC checks for system
    file corruption. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a command-line tool that can be used to service a Windows image or to prepare a Windows Preinstallation Environment image.

Kindly follow the steps in this article posted by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    to perform SFC and DISM:
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Eric Ber, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

How does the Storage Sense work?

Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making How does the Storage Sense work? :)

Thema:

How does the Storage Sense work?

1. How does the Storage Sense work? - Similar Threads - does Storage Sense

2. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does storage sense do?: Like precisely what files does it delete? I actually keep important documents in my downloads folder so I wanna check before enabling it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-storage-sense-do/88fdc764-2c24-45fc-afef-2227a2282116
  3. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does storage sense do?: Like precisely what files does it delete? I actually keep important documents in my downloads folder so I wanna check before enabling it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-storage-sense-do/88fdc764-2c24-45fc-afef-2227a2282116
  4. What does storage sense do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  6. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  7. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  8. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  9. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  10. Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense Not Working Correctly: Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it. I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage. [img] If you were able to view the image above. As you can...