Windows 10: How does unzipping in file explorer work compared to 7zip?

Discus and support How does unzipping in file explorer work compared to 7zip? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ichbinhierkurze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m43aq7/how_does_unzipping_in_file_explorer_work_compared/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ichbinhierkurze, Mar 13, 2021.

1. How does unzipping in file explorer work compared to 7zip?

/u/ichbinhierkurze, Mar 13, 2021

2. unzip a file?

I downloaded a file from a window 10 book called Windows 10 step by step and in Windows 10 I double click on it and I got garbage and then I tried my windows 7 computer and by double clicking on the file it was fine.

lostsoul65, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Unable to unzip pictures to windows photo viewer

Hi Carol,

you might face such issues if the file is zipped.

I suggest you to unzip the file and check.

To do so follow the steps below.

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
    • To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select
      Extract All,
      then follow the instructions.
    • To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

Reply us with the status of the issue in regards with Windows Photo Viewer. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

How does unzipping in file explorer work compared to 7zip?

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

How does unzipping in file explorer work compared to 7zip?

1. How does unzipping in file explorer work compared to 7zip? - Similar Threads - does unzipping file

2. File explorer does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer does not work: When opened, File Explorer only creates a high level directory. It gets hung up while trying to create a quick Access index file.I submitted this item to the feedback hub have no record/response to my issues....
  3. How to Unzip a zipped file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Unzip a zipped file?: I downloaded one file that helps me open landscapes from Google Earth to Blender. But for some reason I can only unzip it using WinZip and I don't have a membership. I have looked up all sorts of tutorials but none seemed to help, I have also tried unzipping the file in File...
  4. unzipping files

in Windows 10 Customization
    unzipping files: My former computer does not show a default app for unzipping folders. My new one came with the lovely 7 zip and I am HATING how it doesn't work. When I click on a zipped folder or file or whatever you want to call it, I use to be able to open a new window to choose where it...
  5. unzip files

unzip files: I can not upzip a downloaded file. Keeps saying access denied, I've tried everything in the help sections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-files/6718138b-32bc-4ec5-b623-4ddf16bbd427
  6. My unzipped file is empty after extract all Using explorer to unzip files.

My unzipped file is empty after extract all Using explorer to unzip files.: The progress bar shows it is unzipping but the target folder is always empty. I have used windows file explorer before successfully. OPEN WITH is set to Windows File Explorer. I can't figure out what is happening. Have run windows diagnostics SFC scanand DISM scan....
  7. how do i unzip multiple files with 7zip.....

how do i unzip multiple files with 7zip.....: .... and have them go to where i put them, and i do not want them in individual folders. i have a windows 10 - 64bit machine. thank you kris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unzip-multiple-files-with-7zip/f958648f-9027-407e-89c2-a593d83fd2db
  8. Unzipping files

Unzipping files: Somehow late last night while trying to load files from my old desktop to my new Samsung laptop I inadvertently changed the app it uses to unzip to PerfectExpert. At least I think that is what happened. I went to Settings>apps>default apps and found the app name; i.e....
  9. How to unzip files

How to unzip files: I have this group of documents and files that I need to unzip but I'm not too sure how to do it. Could you walk me through the process, as well as any necessary apps I would have to download to see them? Thanks...
  10. unzip a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    unzip a file?: How can I unzip a file? I don't have a compressed folder just a zipped file. If I double click on it I get garbage. Anyone knows how I can read my .zip file? 29484