Windows 10: How does Win10 handle digital image IPTC metadata?

Discus and support How does Win10 handle digital image IPTC metadata? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720) Explorer, when I select an image file, in the details pane on the right, Explorer displays a group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Al Nonymous, Mar 13, 2020.

1. How does Win10 handle digital image IPTC metadata?

In Windows 10 Pro (Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720) Explorer, when I select an image file, in the details pane on the right, Explorer displays a group of available metadata fields (several are directly editable). Among these is "Tags".

Whenever I start typing in the Tags field, Explorer takes whatever first couple of keystroke I type, and (perhaps through some 'artificial intelligence algorithm?) presents me with a dropdown checkbox picklist of previously-applied tags.

That's nice, but after years of tagging images on the fly without a consistent plan, I've accumulated a lot of inconsistent tags, which causes problems with search results. For example, if I search for "Sue", it doesn't find any of the pictures of Sue that I tagged on the fly as "Susan" or "Susie". Hence, the served-up list that Explorer provides, is inadequate.

Recently I re-thought my whole approach to image tagging, and created a new, comprehensive, uniformly spelled, reference list of tags to replace the old tags already applied to my images. But how do I make the old, inconsistent tags in the dropdown, go away, so I can start reapplying tags from my new, coordinated pick list?

One way might be to:
    (1) Delete all personal information from my entire image collection (which I believe can be done in one step.) This would presumably zero out Explorer's dropdown checkbox list, for a 'fresh start'.
    (2) Clone one image, rename it "test", and tag it with ALL the tags in my new list. Explorer would presumabely make all my new tags potentially available in all future dropdowns (depending on the first one or two keystrokes I type in their Tags fields.)

But how, exactly, does Explorer build that pick list? I suspect it builds a database of applied metadata as it indexes my files.

If there is such an index database of user-defined tags (and other metadata), is there any way for a user to manage/edit the database directly?

:)

Al Nonymous, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images

Source: Image rights metadata in Google Images

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images

Source: Image rights metadata in Google Images

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

How does Win10 handle digital image IPTC metadata?

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

How does Win10 handle digital image IPTC metadata?

1. How does Win10 handle digital image IPTC metadata? - Similar Threads - does Win10 handle

2. Image metadata - favorite attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image metadata - favorite attribute: I have marked number of images as favorite, I see some discrepancies between the number of images I have marked as favorite and photo app's favorite album.It's a huge directory with number of images, it's hours of work. I don't want to redo all images and reconcile them...
  3. Image metadata - favorite attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image metadata - favorite attribute: I have marked number of images as favorite, I see some discrepancies between the number of images I have marked as favorite and photo app's favorite album.It's a huge directory with number of images, it's hours of work. I don't want to redo all images and reconcile them...
  4. Digital Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital Image: I'm using WIN 10 software. I have been using a Canon Printer and changed to a HP Photo 7100 printer. I like and use Microsoft Digital Image for my Photo work. The computer sees the new Printer HP HPAD98DHP Envey Photo 7100 series. And when I try to use the Digital Image...
  5. Digital Image 2006

Digital Image 2006: Good day I am so frustrated. I have been using Digital Image for all my projects and not for photo editing. I did ask a question before regarding installing it on my new computer and was directed to use Paint 3 D, as my computer does not support Explorer. However, I have...
  6. Digital Image 2006

Digital Image 2006: Hi I am so frustrated. I have been using Digital Image for all my projects and not for photo editing. I did ask a question before regarding installing it on my new computer and was directed to use Paint 3 D. However, I have been trying out Paint 3 D and it is not what I...
  7. Image File Metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image File Metadata: In the past, whenever I added metadata tags, titles or notes to my photo files, the megabytes would increase by just a few tenths, which makes sense. Example: 8.5 MB to 8.8 MB. Now, the megabytes are significantly disappearing as soon as I add the data. Example: the photo...
  8. Possible to add images as file metadata?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to add images as file metadata?: Hello. I'm using File Metadata to add custom values in file attributes to a some text files. I have this: [img] See the comment: this is custom. It will be possible to add like a small icon like an smiley or something instead of words? Thank you 130456
  9. Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images

in Windows 10 News
    Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images: As part of a collaboration between Google, photo industry consortium CEPIC, and IPTC, the global technical standards body for the news media, you can now access rights-related image metadata in Google Images. It’s traditionally been difficult to know the creator of images on...
  10. Microsoft digital image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft digital image: Still not loaded digital image tried i Gianis method and i get the green bars on the loader part way across but when I sign out after second error message I am prompted to sign in again, when i do the Digital Image loader has gone. I have tried to lock it instead, and...