Windows 10: How does Windows 10 choose which disk to use for virtual memory

Discus and support How does Windows 10 choose which disk to use for virtual memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have page files allocated on three different disks. When Windows 10 uses paging, which disk is selected? Another question: I have a data SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarryMangurian, Sep 12, 2020.

1. How does Windows 10 choose which disk to use for virtual memory

I have page files allocated on three different disks. When Windows 10 uses paging, which disk is selected?

Another question: I have a data SSD. Can I set my C: partition page file size to zero and just have pagefile space on the data drive??

:)

HarryMangurian, Sep 12, 2020
  2. ARTOSOFT Win User

USB memory disk as a paging file for virtual memory?

Hi,

I want to know your opinion about usb memory disk as a paging file for windows virtual memory.

I am trying to set paging file on usb memory disk, but it is looks windows don't like it and simply ignore it and create paging file on my c:\ drive. It is looks like paging file is created on usb memory disk, but when I check, there is no swap file on usb memory disk. The usb memory disk still empty.

Anyone have experience on it?

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How does Windows 10 choose which disk to use for virtual memory

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

How does Windows 10 choose which disk to use for virtual memory

1. How does Windows 10 choose which disk to use for virtual memory - Similar Threads - does choose disk

2. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified: I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?...
  3. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified: I can't initialize my disk because it supposedly does not exist. I've tried everything to initialize the disk like, restarting my PC, uninstalling and re-installing, and checking the cable* connection, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me in how to fix this?...
  4. Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 virtual memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 virtual memory: So I've got 32GB of RAM, 38% of it is used, still Windows thinks it necessary to wreak havoc on my poor HDD instead? That poor baby's moaning and groaning away at 100% while running some memory intensive programs, meanwhile my RAM which is specifically designed for that task...
  6. How to choose which updates to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose which updates to install Windows 10: "Power", the first icon in the Start menu, has two options: "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart". I don't want either -- I'd like to avoid updates. How can I shut down without updating? Would you recommend yanking the power cord? Back in Windows 98 that was...
  7. Disk Spikes causing Low Virtual Memory

Disk Spikes causing Low Virtual Memory: I have a 1TB HDD Task Manager and other Performance Indicators are telling me the Disk is at 100%. I Tried, Windows Store Removing the Start up Malware Scans found 1 Evil Cursor Quarantied. System Defrag. System reset giving me Windows.old Nothing seems to Fix,...
  8. choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choosing which version of Windows 10 to install: I can't seem to choose which version of Windows I am installing in my laptop. Instead of asking me which version to install, it directs me to the question of which files to keep. At that point, it has already been decidednot by me that the windows that would be installed...
  9. How to choose RAM (memory)?

How to choose RAM (memory)?: Hi, I got Notebook computer Acer Aspire E5-576, i5 4 GB memory. (Windows 64 bit Japanese OS) I want to add 8 GB memory. I wonder how to choose which memory I could use in this computer? Or what points should I consider when I buy memory? Any help will be appreciated. Thank...
  10. How to choose RAM (memory)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to choose RAM (memory)?: Hi, I got Notebook computer Acer Aspire E5-576, i5 4 GB memory. (Windows 64 bit Japanese OS) I want to add 8 GB memory. I wonder how to choose which memory I could use in this computer? Or what points should I consider when I buy memory? Any help will be appreciated. Thank...