Windows 10: how does windows 10 define apps

Discus and support how does windows 10 define apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i was trying to install updates and i got this [img] and i was wondering what is included by "apps" 84807 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MasterAndreas, May 17, 2017.

1. how does windows 10 define apps

i was trying to install updates and i got this
    how does windows 10 define apps [​IMG]
    and i was wondering what is included by "apps"

:)

MasterAndreas, May 17, 2017

2. how can i delete other files from phone storage?

How is this helpful anyway? Because the app will only show the amount of storage under DEFINED file category types (by Microsoft)...it does not provide any way to MANAGE the files under each category.

DebabrataHalder, May 17, 2017
  3. 93tid Win User
    why windows phone system don't have Microsoft definer like pc

If by "Microsoft Definer" you actually mean "Windows Defender", Windows Mobile does not require any antu-virus software due to the structure of the OS and the way it manages the data access for each app.

93tid, May 17, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

how does windows 10 define apps

It looks like you are updating your build of Windows 10 to the latest version.
    Apps are defined as applications that you personally downloaded and installed other then the apps that come with Windows. Personal Files are Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos etc

spunk, May 17, 2017
  5. [Delete this reply please]

MasterAndreas, May 17, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    That screen is not from installing an update. You only get that screen when you run the Setup from install media (USB or .iso) from within Windows. It is for upgrading or reinstalling Windows.

The message at the bottom, just above the Back/Next buttons says the install media is for a different version of Windows from the one currently installed. That's why the "keep apps..." option is greyed out.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how does windows 10 define apps

1. how does windows 10 define apps - Similar Threads - does define apps

2. how to define custom dimensions in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to define custom dimensions in windows 11: how to define custom dimensions in windows 11. I want to change the height and not the width. I could do this before but i can't now. What happen to this option....
  3. how to define custom dimensions in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to define custom dimensions in windows 11: how to define custom dimensions in windows 11. I want to change the height and not the width. I could do this before but i can't now. What happen to this option....
  4. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  5. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  6. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to Define an External Drive as a SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Define an External Drive as a SSD?: I'm just checking out a new Crucial MX500 SSD drive which will eventually be installed in my desktop PC. I've mounted it in an external SATA caddy for formatting and basic checks which are OK. However, Windows 10 seems sees it is a hard drive since defrag rather than trim is...
  8. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  9. Age of Empires Defin Ed does not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Age of Empires Defin Ed does not install: Age of Empires Defin Ed does not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/age-of-empires-defin-ed-does-not-install/07734839-56f3-4ba0-94e1-dec22661ce03
  10. Can't define Default APP Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't define Default APP Windows 10: I have been using Firefox Portable for several years and after updating to Windows 10 I can set it as the default app for web browsing. Within settings I can change the default app from IE to Edge but have no way of browsing to the location of my FF portable (in my documents...