Windows 10: How does windows 10 know? No cdkey needed for installs.

Discus and support How does windows 10 know? No cdkey needed for installs. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone know how this happens? Two different times, two totally different conditions. Last month, I took a new laptop, a windows ten home ryzen 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Last_Gigolo, Aug 17, 2020.

1. How does windows 10 know? No cdkey needed for installs.

Anyone know how this happens?

Two different times, two totally different conditions.

Last month, I took a new laptop, a windows ten home ryzen 7 laptop... Put a brand new solid state hard drive in it because it had a moving parts hard disk hard drive in it. Totally blank drive. I bought a windows ten pro 64 bit install thumb drive for it. I booted up to the USB drive and did a full install of windows within seconds (maybe minutes, but super fast). It made me register it to an email address just like the day I bought the laptop new a few months prior. So I used the same email. It never asked for a cdkey. So I figure it used my email address and read specs and Mac address or something. Whatever. But, it is windows ten home. Just like before.

I have another laptop with an AMD Vision Apu instead of a cpu, in it. I bought a solid state hard drive last night and decided I'll go ahead and install that windows ten pro on the old laptop. I paid for it. Might as well.

Now understand that this laptop is a used laptop I bought in a pawnshop bundled with a guitar. It was an upgrade to windows from windows 7 or 8, I don't remember. I ran belarc advisor and copied the cdkey from there for just in case I need it. I put the USB in and boot "no bootable drive found". I tinker with bios a few times and give up and grab a windows ten CD off the shelf. Worked. Installed, but again did not ask for a CD key. It did however prompt me to put in an email address but this time had a "skip this step" option. I skipped that step.

The cdkey matched exactly what belarc advisor had.

So, here I am.. sitting on a cdkey that I have not yet been able to use and two computers upgraded as high as they can, for $75 each...

submitted by /u/Last_Gigolo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Last_Gigolo, Aug 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 17, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

How does windows 10 know? No cdkey needed for installs.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

How does windows 10 know? No cdkey needed for installs.

1. How does windows 10 know? No cdkey needed for installs. - Similar Threads - does cdkey needed

2. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATABASE ON WINDOWS 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATABASE ON WINDOWS 10 ?: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATA BASE ON WINDOWS 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-access-the-database-on/5f4b97fc-fc50-4fcf-8c07-88402085706d
  3. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATABASE ON WINDOWS 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATABASE ON WINDOWS 10 ?: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATA BASE ON WINDOWS 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-access-the-database-on/5f4b97fc-fc50-4fcf-8c07-88402085706d
  4. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE DATABASE ON WINDOWS 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows cdkey change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cdkey change: Hi there,I recently bought a pc and the windows was installed in it however, the motherboard broke down before I could use it. They have repaired it and I need help activating windows 11 on the pc....
  6. windows cdkey change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows cdkey change: Hi there,I recently bought a pc and the windows was installed in it however, the motherboard broke down before I could use it. They have repaired it and I need help activating windows 11 on the pc....
  7. Windows 10 Problem. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Problem. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Chickin-McDickin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmbgzx/windows_10_problem_does_anyone_know_how_to_fix/
  8. I need to know what this code does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to know what this code does: So I put this code into my cmd at one point and know its causing problems i need to know what it does and how to undo it echo 2b2t.org_Download_2b2tsourcecode & (echo :top & echo.start "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...
  9. How does Microsoft know my machine needs updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How does Microsoft know my machine needs updates?: I do not want ANY updates of ANY kind. To answer the inevitable question, "why," it is because (1) I am on a metered connection and the updates actually cost me (and the setting that Microsoft offers for metered connections simply do not do what they purport to do), the...
  10. Need to know first before install Windows 10 1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to know first before install Windows 10 1703: I need to know first about the freeware programs that I have on my desktop. I have heard from other sources that some computer users lost their freeware programs and have to reinstall them after the update of Windows 10 1703 update. Is that true about this. If yes, then I...