Windows 10: How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity?

Discus and support How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there an intuitive way system administrators or help desk persons can let the activation server know volume license have not exceeded the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BP411, Feb 1, 2023.

1. BP411 Win User

How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity?

Is there an intuitive way system administrators or help desk persons can let the activation server know volume license have not exceeded the actual number of computers with OS installed? The system seems rigged never tracking total volume license key as new machines replace old ones with same OS level. The activation server is returning incorrect error "Acquisition of End User License failed. hr=0xC004C020" volume license key has been exceeded when indeed it has not. Or correctly track Windows 10 upgrades where 7 has not been fully removed. How exactly does a non

:)

BP411, Feb 1, 2023
  2. BP411 Win User

Is there an intuitive way system administrators or help desk persons can let the activation server know volume license have not exceeded the actual number of computers with OS installed? The system seems rigged never tracking total volume license key as new machines replace old ones with same OS level. The activation server is returning incorrect error "Acquisition of End User License failed. hr=0xC004C020" volume license key has been exceeded when indeed it has not. Or correctly track Windows 10 upgrades where 7 has not been fully removed. How exactly does a non AI computer software know what the actual total of volume license in use are by an automated activation system?

BP411, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Bill Smithers, Feb 2, 2023
  4. How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity?

how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on existing server.

I am unable to upgrade the Azure AD Connect from Ver. 1.6.16.0 to the latest version due to an unsupported server (i.e., Windows server 2012 standard).

I am planning to install the higher version of AD connect on another server (Windows server 2016) and decommission the old one. Could you please help to provide the steps for smooth migration please?

Muneer Jahangeer, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

1. How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity? - Similar Threads - does activation server

2. print quantity problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print quantity problem: After an on online business, I asked to print pages 1-2 of 3 on both sides. After the first pages 1 and, 2, well printed, it then printed all pages, total 6 times before I turned printer off. It printed 1 and 2 on the same paper each time, 3 a waste on one side..What...
  3. How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does windows activation server return decommissioned volume key quantity?: Is there an intuitive way system administrators or help desk persons can let the activation server know volume license have not exceeded the actual number of computers with OS installed? The system seems rigged never tracking total volume license key as new machines replace...
  4. Windows activated with volume key on personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activated with volume key on personal computer: Hello! So I have a personal laptop that I had bought from Costco, and that came pre-installed with a Windows 10 license. I've had this laptop for three years now, with no issues. I recently was looking to get a new laptop and realized that this one had a Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Windows activated with volume key on personal computer

Windows activated with volume key on personal computer: Hello! So I have a personal laptop that I had bought from Costco, and that came pre-installed with a Windows 10 license. I've had this laptop for three years now, with no issues. I recently was looking to get a new laptop and realized that this one had a Windows 10 Pro...
  6. Windows activated with volume key on personal computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. is it normal that my windows key activates the volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it normal that my windows key activates the volume?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/controllerhentai [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uehugi/is_it_normal_that_my_windows_key_activates_the/
  8. how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...: I am unable to upgrade the Azure AD Connect from Ver. 1.6.16.0 to the latest version due to an unsupported server i.e., Windows server 2012 standard. I am planning to install the higher version of AD connect on another server Windows server 2016 and decommission the old...
  9. how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...

how to install Azure AD connect on a new server and decommission the old version on...: I am unable to upgrade the Azure AD Connect from Ver. 1.6.16.0 to the latest version due to an unsupported server i.e., Windows server 2012 standard. I am planning to install the higher version of AD connect on another server Windows server 2016 and decommission the old...
  10. Windows Hello - PC Decommission

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello - PC Decommission: We are in the pilot phase of Windows Hello for Business within a hybrid setup. I understand that when Hello is enrolled on a PC, the public key associated to that PC is uploaded to Azure AD, which is then synchronized to the msDC-KeyCredentialLink attribute in the on-prem...