Windows 10: How does Windows know I'm playing a game ?

Discus and support How does Windows know I'm playing a game ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I only have one game on my pc - Pacman - and if I open it, I get this popup [img] before I even start playing. How does Windows know Pacman is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by badcrc, Feb 19, 2020.

1. badcrc Win User

How does Windows know I'm playing a game ?

I only have one game on my pc - Pacman - and if I open it, I get this popup

How does Windows know I'm playing a game ? [​IMG]

before I even start playing. How does Windows know Pacman is a game ? It's just an exe like Photoshop etc.

:)

badcrc, Feb 19, 2020

2. Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 19, 2020
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

When i m using a game with high CPU my internet connection stopped working

Hi,

The services that run when you play games may be interfering with the network services on the computer, resulting to this problem. To have a better idea about the cause of this, kindly answer the following:

• Are you playing web-based games when this issue happens?
    • What error message do you get when you lose the network connection?

We suggest you run the Network Adapter troubleshooter in Control Panel to identify what causes the problem. It may also fix the issue since Windows troubleshooters are designed to correct the problems they find on the system. Follow these steps to run the
    suggested tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Network Adapter and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if it finds anything.

We're here if you need additional assistance.

Ruz San, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

1. How does Windows know I'm playing a game ? - Similar Threads - does I'm playing

2. Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?: Any help will be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-on-game-bar/8964650e-1d32-4b18-b23e-f346099bd435
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?: Any help will be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-on-game-bar/8964650e-1d32-4b18-b23e-f346099bd435
  4. Why does my screen go white while i'm playing a game and then it crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go white while i'm playing a game and then it crashes?: Every time I open The Sims 4, my screen goes white and it crashes. It started happening ever since I had updated my Graphics Driver, Intel Iris Xe. I have tried repairing my game through the EA App but it stayed the same....
  5. BSOD when I'm playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I'm playing games: While playing I would get a BSOD, the error being CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUTwhen I open event viewer to see what happened, I see this Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000c, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd8812c152180,...
  6. BSOD when I'm playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when I'm playing games: While playing I would get a BSOD, the error being CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUTwhen I open event viewer to see what happened, I see this Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000c, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd8812c152180,...
  7. BSOD when I'm playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Does anyone know how to fix the game bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix the game bar.: Does anyone know how to fix x box game bar recorder. In my settings I set the "record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using game bar" to ON but then when I exit the settings app, or go to a different application it automatically turns off, please help submitted by...
  9. Does anyone know how to fix the size of installed games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix the size of installed games?: Currently I can barely see the picture for one of my games I have downloaded, and it just genuinely annoys me.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-the-size-of-installed/32a0bf66-021c-40f0-8bec-b1c2f81d2a5f
  10. BSOD playing PC games - I'm stumped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing PC games - I'm stumped: So: I've only got two games so far on this new PC (prebuilt) that arrived around 4 days ago. I've been having BSOD crashes ever since receiving the PC. I thought it'd be worth asking on here because I personally only have 1 idea left before I send it back to the seller to...