Windows 10: How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

Discus and support How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have checked many 24" 1080p which is 93 PPI monitors with Windows 10 desktops. And all of them had in display settings written:100% RecommendedAnd a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vikaskumar2299, Sep 26, 2022.

1. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

I have checked many 24" 1080p which is 93 PPI monitors with Windows 10 desktops. And all of them had in display settings written:100% RecommendedAnd a 15.6" 1080p monitor will have:125% Recommended-------------------So I can assume that a 24" 93 PPI monitor will have 100% recommended scaling and a 15.6" FHD laptop will have 125% recommended.Now I want to know about scaling for two other display sizes for 1080 monitor:1 21.5" 1080p 102 PPI2 22" 1080p 100 PPIWhat would be the recommended scaling for these two monitors? And how is that recommended? Is it based on PPI?

:)

vikaskumar2299, Sep 26, 2022

2. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Scaling Issue With Extended Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing scaling issues when you connect a 4K monitor to the PC. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. How the monitors are connected to the PC?
    3. What is the build version of Windows installed on the PC?
    4. Have you tried updating the display drivers?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices
    and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 26, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

DaveM121, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

1. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor? - Similar Threads - does should recommended

2. Monitor Resolution Differential - Does anyone know what the solution is or if this is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Resolution Differential - Does anyone know what the solution is or if this is...: I have a Dell XPS 9500, a Dell Dock WD19S and Two Dell Gaming Monitors G2232Q and when I plug them in to the dock via Display Port to Display Port connection I cannot get the same resolution on both monitors, and I can only get a lesser resolution on screen two at 2560x1440...
  3. Monitor Resolution Differential - Does anyone know what the solution is or if this is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Resolution Differential - Does anyone know what the solution is or if this is...: I have a Dell XPS 9500, a Dell Dock WD19S and Two Dell Gaming Monitors G2232Q and when I plug them in to the dock via Display Port to Display Port connection I cannot get the same resolution on both monitors, and I can only get a lesser resolution on screen two at 2560x1440...
  4. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?: I have checked many 24" 1080p which is 93 PPI monitors with Windows 10 desktops. And all of them had in display settings written:100% RecommendedAnd a 15.6" 1080p monitor will have:125% Recommended-------------------So I can assume that a 24" 93 PPI monitor will have 100%...
  5. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?: I have checked many 24" 1080p which is 93 PPI monitors with Windows 10 desktops. And all of them had in display settings written:100% RecommendedAnd a 15.6" 1080p monitor will have:125% Recommended-------------------So I can assume that a 24" 93 PPI monitor will have 100%...
  6. Windows Scaling - Does this Defeat the Purpose of a 4K Monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Scaling - Does this Defeat the Purpose of a 4K Monitor?: Hi, I recently upgraded my monitor to 4K and noticed that Windows Scaling shows the value of 150% as Recommended. Leaving it at 100% is super crisp, clean, but small - the upgraded resolution is obvious. But I find that 150% almost looks like a 1080p resolution... and am...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix this scaling issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix this scaling issue?: [ATTACH] I notice this when searching in the start menu, does anyone know how to fix it My scaling option in display setting is 100% https://preview.redd.it/yq8cgnzuywl61.png?width=343&format=png&auto=webp&s=bcbc9f924f29882317f3c28be864bb54aeed7889 submitted by...
  8. Why does windows recommend 125% scaling?

Why does windows recommend 125% scaling?: Does it make that much of a different. I prefer 100% scale on my laptop its much bigger. submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqy9dp/why_does_windows_recommend_125_scaling/
  9. Why does Windows 10 recommend a display scale?

Why does Windows 10 recommend a display scale?: Windows 10 recommends that I use 125%, but I like the text size to be at 100% (my resolution is 1920x1080). Just curious to know why 125% is the recommended scale...is it due to hardware and software compatibility? submitted by /u/Principal-Moo [link] [comments]...
  10. Don't know what "Actions Recommended" means

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't know what "Actions Recommended" means: Greetings, I tried asking this in Microsoft Answers and have tried all the responses there. I created a second standard user account, and Windows Defender Security Center says "Actions Recommended." When I open it, Security at a glance shows all icons green. On my...