Windows 10: how eject external drive

Discus and support how eject external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Where is "eject external drive" located and is it really necessary?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardAMold, Apr 19, 2020.

1. how eject external drive

Where is "eject external drive" located and is it really necessary?

:)

RichardAMold, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Eject options inconsistent between USB stick and USB external drive - Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you tried connecting different external drive?

• Do you face the same issue with different external drive?

As a work around , I suggest you to connect different external drive to your system and check whether will you get the option to Eject from File explorer or not.

And also try connecting same external drive to different system and check if the issue persist.

Reply with necessary information so that can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Eject options inconsistent between USB stick and USB external drive - Windows 10

When I want to eject a USB stick I can do it 2 different ways (a) by clicking on the 'Safely remove hardware and eject media' icon in the notification area of the taskbar and selecting the device (b) in File Explorer by right mouse button on the drive letter
    for the USB stick and clicking the Eject option

When I want to eject a USB external drive I only have one option, by clicking on the 'Safely remove hardware and eject media' icon in the notification area of the taskbar and selecting the device. In File Explorer if I right mouse button on the drive letter
    for the USB external drive, there is no Eject option in the list of options.

Since I am usually in File Explorer when I have either a USB stick or a USB external drive plugged in, it is most natural to me to want to eject from within File Explorer after I have finished with the USB device.

Is there any way to 'switch on' an 'Eject' option within File Explorer for a USB external drive ?

Ron

PS this is true for both Windows 10 Home 32 bit and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Ron Hewett, Apr 19, 2020
  4. KRJB Win User

how eject external drive

how to eject usb external hard drive

how to eject usb external hard drive that keeps on working

Thema:

how eject external drive

1. how eject external drive - Similar Threads - eject external drive

2. Can not eject external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not eject external hard drive: I currently have an external hard drive attached to my computer through a front USB port. When I try to eject it with the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon, it says "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and...
  3. Problem Ejecting External Drive

Problem Ejecting External Drive: I've been using a Seagate 2TB Expansion Drive via USB for quite a while. Recently when I go to eject the drive, I get the following pop up. Before I get scathed, I realize that I don't need to eject it via taskbar icon, but I've been doing it that way for quite a long time....
  4. External drives not ejecting properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External drives not ejecting properly.: The title explains the point. I have a WD Elements external HDD (3TB), and in any windows 10 machine it refuses to eject properly. I don’t wanna just disconnect it without letting the drive spin down as a lot of important files and backups i have in it. In event viewer it...
  5. How do I eject an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I eject an external hard drive?: When I go to eject the drive, the eject button is greyed out and I can't click on it. When I go to the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" to try and eject, it says that it cannot because it's still being used in a program. I ended up closing all my programs and windows...
  6. EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE SAFELY

in Windows 10 Customization
    EJECTING EXTERNAL DRIVE SAFELY: When I try to eject the external drive from my laptop, I get the following message: "This device is currently in use. Close any program or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." I tried to clear the message by checking over and over if any program or...
  7. Can't eject external hard drive!

Can't eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...
  8. Can not eject external hard drive!

Can not eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...
  9. how to eject usb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to eject usb external hard drive: how to eject usb external hard drive that keeps on working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eject-usb-external-hard-drive/379c0bb2-2d84-4414-a1ae-5a6cae18cd8b"
  10. How to force-eject an external drive?

How to force-eject an external drive?: Switching from Mac to PC has in some regard been not difficult, but there are difficult moments A recurring problem with pretty much all my external drives is that I frequently can't eject them because "a program is using it. " This happens even if I close all running...