Windows 10: how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

Discus and support how enable Notepad character count in windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI am using a window 11 and my notepad version is 11.2311.35.0 but it only shows the line and column. Does anyone know how should I enable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by soroush M, Jan 11, 2024.

1. soroush M Win User

how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

HiI am using a window 11 and my notepad version is 11.2311.35.0 but it only shows the line and column. Does anyone know how should I enable the character counter?

:)

soroush M, Jan 11, 2024

2. how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

JerryLambe, Jan 11, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

Hi Jerry,

Sorry, but neither Notepad or Wordpad supports character/word count they are too basic for that

Click the link below to download Notepad++

That is a tine free application that is like Notepad on steroids with a lot more functionality

If you double click around 'Length' in status bar you will get a character count, word count . . . etc.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v7.5.8.html

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

how enable Notepad character count in windows 11? baa9e33c-0e89-4a00-b412-e20776398877?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Jan 11, 2024
  4. how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

Well I found the answer to my question. I should have thought through this a little longer.

Notepad is native in ANSI mode.
    However Wordpad can work in UTF-8 mode.
    I found steps to make Notepad usable in UTF-8 mode but there are a lot of steps and once again there has to be a registry hack to make it work.
    Now how do I make Workpad be listed in the most used application through the Start Menu?

1ThursdayJC, Jan 11, 2024
Thema:

how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

1. how enable Notepad character count in windows 11? - Similar Threads - enable Notepad character

2. how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how enable Notepad character count in windows 11?: HiI am using a window 11 and my notepad version is 11.2311.35.0 but it only shows the line and column. Does anyone know how should I enable the character counter?...
  3. Windows 11's Notepad is getting a character count on the status bar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Notepad is getting a character count on the status bar: Windows 11's Notepad is getting a couple of improvements. This includes a character count on the status bar, and a quick way to access it from Explorer. The plain text editor in Windows has been around for nearly 40 years, but Microsoft barely added any features to it until...
  4. Increasing The Character count of registry paths.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing The Character count of registry paths.: Hi there everyone, an hour ago I installed the AIG traffic liveries manager to enhance my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 experience, and when I opened the application, I got the message below...I have not clicked anything since the popup window came up as after searching...
  5. Increasing The Character count of registry paths.

Increasing The Character count of registry paths.: Hi there everyone, an hour ago I installed the AIG traffic liveries manager to enhance my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 experience, and when I opened the application, I got the message below...I have not clicked anything since the popup window came up as after searching...
  6. Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11: I'v changed "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-in-notepad-cant-be-shown/09b87329-0331-4560-ac47-8e4abfd02894
  7. Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11

Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11: I'v changed "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-in-notepad-cant-be-shown/09b87329-0331-4560-ac47-8e4abfd02894
  8. how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?: how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/how-do-i-get-a-character-count-using-either/17904635-498c-4b70-a797-6b8dd16dbfad
  9. CE character encoding in Notepad

CE character encoding in Notepad: I hate Windows feature that enforces installing localized software - e.g. I live in Poland so if I set my location as "Poland" many apps will be installed with Polish interface, which I don't want to. Therefore I've installed my OS in en-US version and left US as my...
  10. Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Character Map and Notepad: Have you tried wordpad? Yes he did (HERE)