Windows 10: How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled?

Discus and support How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm checking the security status of a new HP laptop having a i5-8265U CPU under Windows 10 v1809. The security settings below are shown. I'm concerned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled?

I'm checking the security status of a new HP laptop having a i5-8265U CPU under Windows 10 v1809.

The security settings below are shown. I'm concerned about the False setting for BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled. Should this be enabled for my CPU and if so, how do you enable it? I did install the latest Intel microcode update and HP BIOS update. Are the other settings OK?

BTIHardwarePresent : True
    BTIWindowsSupportPresent : True
    BTIWindowsSupportEnabled : True
    BTIDisabledBySystemPolicy : False
    BTIDisabledByNoHardwareSupport : False
    BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled : False
    BTIKernelImportOptimizationEnabled : True
    KVAShadowRequired : False
    KVAShadowWindowsSupportPresent : True
    KVAShadowWindowsSupportEnabled : False
    KVAShadowPcidEnabled : False
    SSBDWindowsSupportPresent : True
    SSBDHardwareVulnerable : True
    SSBDHardwarePresent : True
    SSBDWindowsSupportEnabledSystemWide : False
    L1TFHardwareVulnerable : False
    L1TFWindowsSupportPresent : True
    L1TFWindowsSupportEnabled : False
    L1TFInvalidPteBit : 0L1DFlushSupported : True
    MDSWindowsSupportPresent : True
    MDSHardwareVulnerable : False
    MDSWindowsSupportEnabled : False

:)

Steve C, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 20, 2019
  4. How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled?

Windows Security Screen shutdown/restart with GPO

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I will certainly help you with this.

Are you on domain computer?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to change the group policy settings.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type gpedit.msc and press enter.

• Expand the security settings.

• Click on security options.

• On the right pane, double click on Interactive logon: display user information when the session is locked.

• Under local security setting tab, change the dropdown to do not display user information.

• Under the same section,
      double-click on Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.

• Under security setting tab, click on enabled and click on apply.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled?

1. How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled? - Similar Threads - enable security setting

2. How to enable Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Secure Boot?: I want to enable Secure Boot. I went in to the Bios and i enabled it but it still doesn't work. When i went back to the Bios it writes enabled, but I noticed under it it writes Secure Boot State [disabled], but that is grey so i can't change it. Why is that and how can I...
  3. How to enable Secure Boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Secure Boot?: I want to enable Secure Boot. I went in to the Bios and i enabled it but it still doesn't work. When i went back to the Bios it writes enabled, but I noticed under it it writes Secure Boot State [disabled], but that is grey so i can't change it. Why is that and how can I...
  4. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  5. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  6. How to enable the clipboard setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable the clipboard setting?: I have recently updated to Window 11 and I just wanna enable my Clipboard setting but it said that "Some settings are managed by your organization". How do I fix this?...
  7. How to enable the clipboard setting?

How to enable the clipboard setting?: I have recently updated to Window 11 and I just wanna enable my Clipboard setting but it said that "Some settings are managed by your organization". How do I fix this?...
  8. How to enable secure boot ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable secure boot ?: How to enable secure boot in MSI motherboards ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-secure-boot/ff34112b-b173-4e03-bf6a-a11c819d54d7
  9. how to enable secure boot ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable secure boot ?: in system information, it's showing that secure boot state is unsupported. how to fix it. I have enabled secure boot in my bios but it still not showing enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-secure-boot/018c7ca0-5971-4b88-a215-1e21ac2c21b4
  10. How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How enable security setting BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled?: I'm checking the security status of a new HP laptop having a i5-8265U CPU under Windows 10 v1809. The security settings below are shown. I'm concerned about the False setting for BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled. Should this be enabled for my CPU and if so, how do you enable it? I...