Windows 10: How enabling secure boot grayed out

Discus and support How enabling secure boot grayed out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Notebook HP, Windows 10 pro oem, gpt mode no legacy. Issue: in uefi setup original settings, I didn't change anything since purchasing secure boot is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Caron.br, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Caron.br Win User

How enabling secure boot grayed out

Notebook HP, Windows 10 pro oem, gpt mode no legacy.
    Issue: in uefi setup original settings, I didn't change anything since purchasing secure boot is on disabled and it's impossible to set to enabled grayed out.
    Platform key is on not enrolled.
    In factory installed OS there is non-Windows ???.

How can I reset secure boot on enabled?

Why platform key is not enrolled? Is it a cause?

1 Do deleting secure boot keys and reloading factory secure keys fix issue?
    2 Does deleting all partitions fix issue?
    Do I get 1 + 2 point?
    Thanks.

:)

Caron.br, Jul 25, 2020

2. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

That is the first thing I tried after reading previous posts. AND that does not work. I tried again exactly what you suggested just to make sure, and still the "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out.

Mindpower15, Jul 25, 2020
  3. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

To start with please read the original question I asked. I want to secure folder that contains files.

• I right click on folder
    • click on Advance at bottom right
    • when advance attributes box opens the "encrypt contents to secure data" button is grayed out"
    I did everything that was told of me by ZAB.

I have no idea when the issue started. This is the first time I decided to use the feature.

Yes, latest version of Window 10. My details are in the post above.

Mindpower15, Jul 25, 2020
  4. How enabling secure boot grayed out

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

How enabling secure boot grayed out

1. How enabling secure boot grayed out - Similar Threads - enabling secure boot

2. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: Edition: Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 22H2OS build: 22621.2134Using Microsoft AccountThe "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out. What should I do to enable the button?Please help....
  3. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: Edition: Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion: 22H2OS build: 22621.2134Using Microsoft AccountThe "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out. What should I do to enable the button?Please help....
  4. How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button: I have gone on properties on the folder and pressed advanced and the Encrypt button is Grayed out. I have even tried two methods Method 1:Ensure that you're logged in as administrator.Press Windows + R, then type regedit and click OK.Within Registry Editor, go to its left...
  5. How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button

How to enable Grayed Out Encrypt Contents To Secure Data Button: I have gone on properties on the folder and pressed advanced and the Encrypt button is Grayed out. I have even tried two methods Method 1:Ensure that you're logged in as administrator.Press Windows + R, then type regedit and click OK.Within Registry Editor, go to its left...
  6. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: I read many posts on this subject. But still... None of them have worked. Microsoft... this should be enabled in the first place. Why is it so difficult?...
  7. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: I read many posts on this subject. But still... None of them have worked. Microsoft... this should be enabled in the first place. Why is it so difficult?...
  8. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.: Hi. I would like to enable password protection for a memory stick and it won't let me do it.I have tried the following methods:Method 1:Ensure that you're logged in as administrator.Press Windows + R, then type regedit and click OK.Within Registry Editor, go to its left pane...
  10. How to enable secure boot ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable secure boot ?: How to enable secure boot in MSI motherboards ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-secure-boot/ff34112b-b173-4e03-bf6a-a11c819d54d7