Windows 10: how exactly does the notify before download option work

Discus and support how exactly does the notify before download option work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have windows 10 pro build 1809. in my windows updates i have the download and install link for build 1903. i dont want to upgrade to build 1903 now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cns00, Aug 28, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

how exactly does the notify before download option work

i have windows 10 pro build 1809. in my windows updates i have the download and install link for build 1903. i dont want to upgrade to build 1903 now because there are still some issues in it

as i know the end of life of build 1809 is may 2020 and it will start to nag me to update 5 months before that so that means i have 4 months left to use 1809

the problem is i just discovered that there are some people who have build 1809 and they were forcibly upgraded to 1903 now. i dont want the same thing to happen to me so i went to group policy and i set the windows updates to option 2 which is notify before download. i have never used that before so i dont know how that works. i have some questions:-

1) how exactly will i get notified that there is a new windows updates available?

2) how exactly do i allow the windows updates to download and how do i reject it?

3) will me allowing a windows updates to download interfere with the download and install link for 1903? will that link stay silent or it will also try to download the feature update if i allow another windows updates to download?

4) will i get notified that there are new updates available without me having to click on check updates? the problem is if i click on check updates i am scared that will try to download the feature update and that's why i never click on check updates

5) is there a need to defer the feature update in the windows updates setting? if i set the group policy to notify before download then that means it can never download the feature update without my permission so there is no need to defer the feature update. am i right?

:)

cns00, Aug 28, 2019
  2. michael Win User

usb webmail notifier not working.

Hi guys,

I bought this usb webmail notifier, which is not working in windows 7

USB Webmail Notifier

after installation when I clcik on s/w to open it shows some drop down list to select some netcard but nothing appears on it.

Please guide, I have seen some guys made it working, is there any way to make it work on win7.

michael, Aug 28, 2019
  3. ojones Win User
    "Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working

Oh, I'm using AU then. Here's the full description: v1607 Build 14393.1198. Someone suggested that critical updates might be bypassing the gpedit option. However, I have never been notified of any update.

ojones, Aug 28, 2019
  4. ojones Win User

"Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working

By the Winaero button do you mean "Set Windows Update to notify only" in method 1? If so, then your suggestion doesn't work.

ojones, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. how exactly does the notify before download option work - Similar Threads - exactly does notify

2. Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?: I've found ways to get Windows 11 and 10 to notify you before downloading updates so you can choose when or if to install them.One method involves using gpedit.msc which doesn't exist on Win11 Home and the other way is to simply add a couple registry keys.QUESTION: does this...
  3. Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home notify before downloading updates?: I've found ways to get Windows 11 and 10 to notify you before downloading updates so you can choose when or if to install them.One method involves using gpedit.msc which doesn't exist on Win11 Home and the other way is to simply add a couple registry keys.QUESTION: does this...
  4. the download option does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the download option does not work: I tried to download to files from my e-mail, but it does not go thru to the download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-download-option-does-not-work/0430a145-e541-49bc-8928-dd628219c1ca
  5. the download option does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the download option does not work: I tried to download to files from my e-mail, but it does not go thru to the download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-download-option-does-not-work/0430a145-e541-49bc-8928-dd628219c1ca
  6. the download option does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates: I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a laptop with Win10 home. It is a cheap, low-end computer with only 8gb of RAM and a sealed case that makes it problematic to try...
  8. Notify Before Downloading?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notify Before Downloading?: Hi is there anyway of Making Win 10 notify you before downloading & installing updates? Appreciate any help Thx 47792
  9. "Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Notify for Download and Notfify for Install" not working: I used the Group Policy to select option "2. Notify for download and notify for Install". However, every now and then when shutting down I get a request to perform Windows 10 updates. Why is this? I wasn't notified about the updates and have no choice about the install. Is...
  10. What exactly does akamai.net download?

in Windows 10 Support
    What exactly does akamai.net download?: Been keeping an eye on my bandwidth usage through my Asus RT-AC69P router after going over last month. Yesterday shows "akamai.net" downloaded 4.5GB of data on my Windows 10 PC but I have no clue what it downloaded. What exactly is akamai for on Windows? What could it...