Windows 10: How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...

Discus and support How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I have a large folder stored in my Onedrive and I want to sync it in the Onedrive folder on my PC, then what happens if, instead of waiting for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OYRC, Mar 29, 2019.

1. OYRC Win User

How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...

If I have a large folder stored in my Onedrive and I want to sync it in the Onedrive folder on my PC, then what happens if, instead of waiting for it to download from the cloud onto my PC, I copy that same folder from an external hard drive to the Onedrive folder on the PC? Is it possible to make Onedrive detect that the same folder is in the cloud and in the Onedrive folder on the PC, so that it neither attempts to download it from the cloud to the PC nor upload it from the PC to the cloud?

:)

2. tfwul Win User

OneDrive - Foldertree - item: PCs

The OneDrive foldertree shows an item "PCs"
    I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, or better, what I can do with it.

Clicked on it and got a screen with a number of PCs that are, already for quite some time, not in use anymore.
    But the current PC's (and VM's) they are nót listed, though OneDrive is running on them.

Vainly searched for more information on this. Maybe this is the remainder from the Windows 7/8 time or so?

How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and... [​IMG]

tfwul, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Items listed under This PC are from OneDrive

Hi,

Sometimes, when the OneDrive app is setup on the computer, it changes the location of the local folders in the File Explorer. You can always change the location of the Document folder listed under the This PC. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Document folder under the This PC.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Default button.
    • Click OK.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Mar 29, 2019
  4. How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...

Download from Onedrive to Save Files on PC

Hi!

I have just moved over 500 GB of picture files from my old PC to a new PC using OneDrive. It took a couple of days for the files to download from OneDrive. They now sit on the OneDrive folder on my new PC - only they don't. Every time I open a picture
    file I see a message saying downloading file from OneDrive. If I check the properties of the Pictures Folder within the OneDrive folder it shows I have some 435 GB of 503 GB saved on disk. This suggests that not all parts of the files have been download.

I want to save the files from OneDrive on my C: drive in Pictures folder. What is the best way to do it? Do I Copy or Move the files in the OneDrive folder?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks, Nick

Nick Baldwin, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and...

1. How exactly to merge between items on PC and in Onedrive to avoid downloading to PC and... - Similar Threads - exactly merge between

2. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  3. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  4. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?: In my Windows 10 laptop, when download a video file by clicking on Always Keep on This Device and then open that video file, a few moments later a little window pops up saying "Automatic File Downloads / Photos is downloading from OneDrive / Learn more in Settings > Automatic...
  6. How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?: In my Windows 10 laptop, when download a video file by clicking on Always Keep on This Device and then open that video file, a few moments later a little window pops up saying "Automatic File Downloads / Photos is downloading from OneDrive / Learn more in Settings > Automatic...
  7. How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files: Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you first purchase a laptop came up, to which I skipped all sections. I got an email saying that my Onedrive storage was full, so I...
  9. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?: Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac. Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two. There must be a simpler way. Yes ? They...
  10. Onedrive preload to avoid long download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive preload to avoid long download: Hello, My wife has a laptop that I setup OneDrive on and she has approx 130GB of files synced. I am also in the process of setting her up a second computer that we want to have her same OneDrive account synced to. I know if I just load the second pc with OneDrive, it will...