Windows 10: How extend range of wi-fi

Discus and support How extend range of wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where do I get the necessary equipment to set up wall plugs and how efficient are they Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nisko, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

How extend range of wi-fi

Where do I get the necessary equipment to set up wall plugs and how efficient are they

Nisko, Nov 19, 2017
  2. cereberus Win User

Very efficient.

Setup

router - ethernet cable - plug 1 (plug 1 plugged into power socket)

Plug 2 is plugged in elsewhere in house and provides wifi signal (cheapest may only have ethernet socket).

Here is typical solution in UK from a high street retailer

Buy TP-LINK 300MBPS Wi-Fi + 600MBPS Powerline Kit at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Powerlines, Networking, Laptops and PCs, Technology. QobChMIm-bajODN1wIVpbDtCh2HPAjLEAQYASABEgJtGPD_BwE

cereberus, Nov 19, 2017
  3. bro67 Win User
    Newegg, Amazon, Google Shop on the Search engine page. Google has their units in Google Play. Amazon has quite a bit out there. I would check Smallnetbuilder for their test on the equipment. If not in Smallnetbuilder, you can also check Amazon. Understand that consumer reviews are not always the best online.

bro67, Nov 20, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

I recommend Ubiquiti products. I have one in my home, and I have setup several at businesses. They work great.
    How extend range of wi-fi [​IMG]

debsawyer, Nov 20, 2017
  5. TrustMe Win User
    Sometimes a video is worth a thousand words. If you do a YouTube search there are a ton of them.

TrustMe, Nov 20, 2017
  6. Nisko Win User
    Thank you all again! This is a hot issue with me and I didn't know about any of the above methods.

Nisko, Nov 20, 2017
  7. debsawyer Win User
    How extend range of wi-fi [​IMG]

debsawyer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How extend range of wi-fi - Similar Threads - extend range

2. Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?: I have a three year old Surface Pro that the Health Check cannot be upgraded because of an Intel i7 processor, but is fine in every other way. This is really annoying. Does anyone know if this will change? The Health check program says "currently" which implies that it's a...
  3. Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any chance that Microsoft will extend the range of CPUs allowed under Windows 11?: I have a three year old Surface Pro that the Health Check cannot be upgraded because of an Intel i7 processor, but is fine in every other way. This is really annoying. Does anyone know if this will change? The Health check program says "currently" which implies that it's a...
  4. How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?: I have a TP-Link range extender that I use with my laptop in my living room. I have "Connect automatically when this network is in range" checked in "Wireless Network Properties". I have also tried setting the "Interface Metric" to 1 and the WiFi "Interface Metric" to 2...
  5. How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set my range extender as the default Network connection?: I have a TP-Link range extender that I use with my laptop in my living room. I have "Connect automatically when this network is in range" checked in "Wireless Network Properties". I have also tried setting the "Interface Metric" to 1 and the WiFi "Interface Metric" to 2...
  6. Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure

Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure: I see numerous threads asking this same question going back several years. I couldn't read all of them, but none that I read had answers. I often see devices in File Explorer > Network > Network Infrastructure other than my own. They usually disappear within a few...
  7. RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT: NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender-connect/c60932bd-359e-4c9e-8fe9-121b2b586916
  8. Range Extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Range Extender: How do I connect a tp-link wifi range extender to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender/ecdd9823-8486-4b89-9795-c2f9d50287ff
  9. wireless range extender

wireless range extender: was trying to put in a wi fi 4 extender. put in the wrong password. now i cannot connect. how do i completely get rid of it and start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-range-extender/757037cb-f493-4175-8177-7c12b8c1d06a
  10. Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender

Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Asus A555LF, since past few weeks my laptop is unable to switch from range extender to my router. I have Tenda router and tenda range extender installed at 1st floor and ground floor respectively. All other laptops and mobile devices switches as I...