Windows 10: How Family Members Access Installed Windows 10 Apps/Games At Same Computer Xbox way

Discus and support How Family Members Access Installed Windows 10 Apps/Games At Same Computer Xbox way in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello. I have: - 4 family members at home 2 adults and 2 children, each of them with their own MS account. - Game Pass Ultimate Subscription signed... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AndreMR2020, Aug 27, 2020.

1. How Family Members Access Installed Windows 10 Apps/Games At Same Computer Xbox way

Hello. I have:

- 4 family members at home 2 adults and 2 children, each of them with their own MS account.

- Game Pass Ultimate Subscription signed in my account

- 1 Xbox One X set as my main xbox device, well, it's the only one I have anyway

- 2 Desktop Computers

When I purchase or install a game in Xbox One, everybody can play it. Every XBOX profile MS Account can access and play with their own progress. 1 purchase = 1 download = 1 installation = 4 family members playing.

Now let's go to computers... Is there a massive mess about how things work, or did I loose something?

I downloaded MS Flight Simulator on PC, logged in my account. When one of children was logged no Flight Simulator was there i mean, Start Menu. Why? Isn't Windows 10 working as Xbox?

Then I noticed my son can also install/download MSFS from store, and it worked. But forgive me about this understanding: if 4 members of family want to play that game, it means EVERYBODY has to reinstall it? The game is almost 200gb, would be 800gb if my family is about to play?

Or I made some wrong?

Obs1: I noticed this with other things, like apps and minor Windows Store games... It seems it's not only about GamePass, but every Store purchase. Is this intended, or i must enable some settings like "main xbox" setting?

Obs2: Win32 software are always shared since 90s.

EDIT: this didn't work: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/a72fedfc-3431-4b5a-9da2-ade3533441c1

:)

AndreMR2020, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Routz Win User

Game sharing with family members

Hi,

I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile.

I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my family members. I believe this is possible with xbox play anywhere games.

Logged into one childs account, went to microsoft store, found game but it seems to want me to buy it again! Should it just say Install instead of Buy?

We dont have an xbox console. Do we need any other xbox stuff( pass, software etc.)?

Thanks for any sugestions.

Routz, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Announces Xbox Family Settings App to help manage children gaming

Source: Xbox Announces the Xbox Family Settings App (Preview) to Help Manage Children’s Gaming - Xbox Wire

Brink, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

How Family Members Access Installed Windows 10 Apps/Games At Same Computer Xbox way

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

How Family Members Access Installed Windows 10 Apps/Games At Same Computer Xbox way

1. How Family Members Access Installed Windows 10 Apps/Games At Same Computer Xbox way - Similar Threads - Family Members Access

2. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?: Recently, I added two family members to the PC I'm still the admin while they're standard users. Today I found out that the other members can not only access the apps I installed, but the apps also directly automatically log them into my profile, even if it's on their...
  3. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?: Recently, I added two family members to the PC I'm still the admin while they're standard users. Today I found out that the other members can not only access the apps I installed, but the apps also directly automatically log them into my profile, even if it's on their...
  4. Is there a way to stop Microsoft from allowing other family members to access my apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't family member users share apps on the same Windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why can't family member users share apps on the same Windows 10 computer?: What is the reason -- other than forcing a family to purchase applications multiple times and thereby take more $$$ off them -- for blocking different family users from sharing the same set of installed apps on the same computer? We have multiple family Windows accounts and...
  6. Problem with adding family member to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with adding family member to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: I signed up for a trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate via our Xbox One console. I have 3 kids accounts also signed in to the Xbox as well. 2 of my 3 kids can also view and play games on their Windows 10 Laptops, My oldest cannot however. His account shows he has 2 devices...
  7. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...
  8. Need to access a deceased family member's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to access a deceased family member's computer: Hi, This year had a family member who died from cancer. I want to access their laptop to clean out the computer, close down any accounts they had and end their email coming in, things like that. Problem is someone tossed out the book that had their passwords including...
  9. Game sharing with family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...
  10. How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child Member How to Set App and Game Limits for Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to...