Windows 10: How fast does my PC create PNG-file? - Using Process Monitor Sysinternals

Discus and support How fast does my PC create PNG-file? - Using Process Monitor Sysinternals in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone I would like to know: How much time / milliseconds does it take for my PC to fully create the PNG-file couple of kilobytes for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emilfrederiksen, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How fast does my PC create PNG-file? - Using Process Monitor Sysinternals

Hello everyone

I would like to know:
    How much time / milliseconds does it take for my PC to fully create the PNG-file couple of kilobytes for the first time, from the point when I press “Save” in MS Paint?

Regardless of it is in the CPU, memory, etc.

I have used Process Monitor Sysinternals, to try getting a more detailed overview. I have uploaded the screen of my results:https://ibb.co/547f4XT

1: MS Paint is being commanded to save the file

My guess, when the file has been created the first time, is one of following points:

2: File becomes PNG format

3: MS.Paint: CreateFile – succes

4: First time file is being closed

5: Explorer.EXE: CreateFile – unsuccesful

6: First time EndOfFile is being mentioned in Details

7: No more processes in MS Paint

8: Explorer.EXE process is done and close file

Thank you reading and replying

Best regards

Emil

:)

emilfrederiksen, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...1/ba-p/1073828

Brink, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Process Monitor 1.2 Released

Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous logging to a file, and much more. Its uniquely powerful features will make Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.Process Monitor runs on Windows 2000 SP4 with Update Rollup 1, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and Windows Vista as well as x64 versions of Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows Vista.

Source: ProcessMonitor

HellasVagabond, Oct 29, 2020
  4. mrm3601 Win User

How fast does my PC create PNG-file? - Using Process Monitor Sysinternals

How to Remove Sysinternals Live?

I mistakenly downloaded and installed Sysinternals Live instead of only Autoruns.

I've looked through my list of installed programs but I don't see SysInternals Live.

Can anyone suggest a method by which I can remove SystInternals Live from my PC?

Thank you.

mrm3601, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How fast does my PC create PNG-file? - Using Process Monitor Sysinternals

1. How fast does my PC create PNG-file? - Using Process Monitor Sysinternals - Similar Threads - fast does create

2. Fast convert .png glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast convert .png glitch: Sometimes on windows 11, I get this wierd glitch. When i create an image in paint/paint 3d or i download it online it is a valid png file. When i use the fast converter name: exapmle.png all files from .webp it becomes a glitched/corrupted png file which cannot be used in...
  3. Fast convert .png glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast convert .png glitch: Sometimes on windows 11, I get this wierd glitch. When i create an image in paint/paint 3d or i download it online it is a valid png file. When i use the fast converter name: exapmle.png all files from .webp it becomes a glitched/corrupted png file which cannot be used in...
  4. how to resize png file?

how to resize png file?: how do I resize png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-png-file/fce58139-3512-4ce4-8fe5-6b1aebc0aad4
  5. Sysinternals Process Explorer does not save settings when rebooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sysinternals Process Explorer does not save settings when rebooting: Every time I reboot my W10 laptop, my Process Explorer settings get reset to defaults.Columns displayedTray IconsGraph colorsColumn Sets previously saved are not foundHide When MinimizedAllow Only One InstanceDoes Process Explorer need to be installed in a specific location I...
  6. Using PNG files as a Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using PNG files as a Background: Hi! Just got a Windows 10 laptop for my business and was so excited to use my logos PNG files as my background and lock screen. Turns out the files are not recognized on this laptop and show up distorted if they show up at all when set as the background or lock screen. I...
  7. SysInternals Process Explorer tutorial: How to use it

in Windows 10 News
    SysInternals Process Explorer tutorial: How to use it: [ATTACH]Windows Task Manager keeps a tight check on applications, processes, and services running on […] This article SysInternals Process Explorer tutorial: How to use it first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. SysInternals Process Explorer: Are these ALPC permissions normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SysInternals Process Explorer: Are these ALPC permissions normal?: I have a question about the information I am seeing in SysInternals Process Explorer. If I pick a process, open the lower pane and select View Handles, one of the names of the handles is \RPC Control\OLE If I right click on \RPC Control\OLE, select Properties and then the...
  9. How to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC

How to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC: I am trying to use psshutdown.exe to create a batch file to shutdown my PC. I want the equivalent of "Shut Down" from the start menu. Should I use the switch -k or -s. I do not understand the difference between these arguments and I want to make sure I have a...
  10. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797