Windows 10: How fast is my file being written to my SSD?

Discus and support How fast is my file being written to my SSD? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone I was wondering, how long it takes, from when I push “save” in MS Paint to a PNG file is written to my SSD. The filesize is about 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emilfrederiksen, Jan 23, 2020.

1. How fast is my file being written to my SSD?

Hello everyone

I was wondering, how long it takes, from when I push “save” in MS Paint to a PNG file is written to my SSD.
    The filesize is about 7 kilobytes.

The file is being written to a “full” / “used” SSD, by that I mean, the SSD reads the “free” block into memory, then adds the new pages and then writes the whole block again, with the additional pages.

See for further explanation: https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/210492-extremetech-explains-how-do-ssds-work

Part: Read, Writes, and Erasure also the shown model

No heavy using software is running meanwhile.
    There have never been signs of slow or worn out hardware.

Here are my specs:
    MB1151 Asus PRIME B250M-A
    Intel Core i5-7500
    DDR4-2400 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    SSD Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2,5" SSD
    9 Nvidia Asus GTX 1060 6GB Expedition
    PSU Corsair VS550 550W 80+
    Windows 10 D-OEM Home

I really hope, that some of you, can come with a roughly time. I know there are my factors, and it is hard to come with a qualified guess.

I am looking forward to your answers!

Best regards

:)

emilfrederiksen, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Jan 23, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How fast is my file being written to my SSD? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 23, 2020
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

How fast is my file being written to my SSD?

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

How fast is my file being written to my SSD?

1. How fast is my file being written to my SSD? - Similar Threads - fast file being

2. How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc': I have read multiple posts on this subject, but I was not able to find a solution that actually works. I have even deleted the folder called "C:\Users\fmlib\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder " without success.After copying files to a CD using a CD...
  3. How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc': I have read multiple posts on this subject, but I was not able to find a solution that actually works. I have even deleted the folder called "C:\Users\fmlib\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder " without success.After copying files to a CD using a CD...
  4. How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My C drive 250/237GB SSD is constantly being written to with thousands of .evtx files. I'm...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C drive 250/237GB SSD is constantly being written to with thousands of .evtx files. I'm...: After using TreeSize to compare about 20 minutes of activity it shows over 1600 files and nearly 300 MB of space used in Windows/Temp This seems abnormal to me as I've in the past gone months without clearing temp files so the fact that I'm now getting GBs / hour of .evtx...
  6. My C drive 250/237GB SSD is constantly being written to with thousands of .evtx files. I'm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C drive 250/237GB SSD is constantly being written to with thousands of .evtx files. I'm...: After using TreeSize to compare about 20 minutes of activity it shows over 1600 files and nearly 300 MB of space used in Windows/Temp This seems abnormal to me as I've in the past gone months without clearing temp files so the fact that I'm now getting GBs / hour of .evtx...
  7. My C drive 250/237GB SSD is constantly being written to with thousands of .evtx files. I'm...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. SSD large written question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD large written question: Looking for explanation if possible. Relatively new computer Febuary 2020 , 256Evo Pro ssd as OS only , 1TB Evo as programs and storage ,with a 4TB USB drive for backups and storage. Evo pro with 47GB of used yet samsung magician software shows 2 Tb written in such a short...
  9. How can i Fast bootup my laptop without ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i Fast bootup my laptop without ssd: Hi, I was wondering how I could make my computer faster without an SSD? I am looking to execute these ideas of yours on my laptop and gaming PC, I know that I can use CCleaner and Defraggler to make it more faster but are there any more ideas? My Gaming PC specs: Custom...
  10. AppData is being written to the wrong place

in Windows 10 Support
    AppData is being written to the wrong place: I recently had my Windows 7 desktop PC upgraded to Windows 10 by a local computer shop. I had them do it because they had built the machine and were familiar with the hardware. They recommended doing a clean install of Windows 10, so when I got the machine back it was...