Windows 10: How fast should a PC run at these specs?

Discus and support How fast should a PC run at these specs? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Specs: Computer: ACPI x64 based PC Main Hard Drive: HTS721010G9S SCSI (Switching to a better one soon) Display adapter: AMD XFX RADEON HD 6870 1GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dumbbird, May 17, 2016.

1. Dumbbird Win User

How fast should a PC run at these specs?

Specs:
    Computer: ACPI x64 based PC
    Main Hard Drive: HTS721010G9S SCSI (Switching to a better one soon)
    Display adapter: AMD XFX RADEON HD 6870 1GB
    Processor(s):
    AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor
    3.20 Ghz

:)

Dumbbird, May 17, 2016

2. HOW OFTEN SHOULD I RUN A FULL SCAN

ANYTIME YOU SUSPECT THE COMPUTER'S INFECTED

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 17, 2016
  3. HOW OFTEN SHOULD I RUN A FULL SCAN

HOW OFTEN TO RUN A FULL SCAN??

JOHNSITERLET, May 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

All depends on what you are comparing it to. Plus a whole bunch of other factors need to be considered.... what is the bus speed? What chipset is on the motherboard? Is there any overclocking? What are the settings in bios/UEFI that affect speed such as RAM scrambling decrease noise emitions.

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2016
  5. Dumbbird Win User
    I do not have access too the computer right now.
    I do remember the chipset though.
    Nforce 430.

Dumbbird, May 18, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    With that old Nvidia chipset you may expect some problems with sound drivers (Via Codec) and possibly with network adapter.

CountMike, May 18, 2016
  7. Dumbbird Win User
    I did have audio problems, but that's about it. I got them fixed by installing the Realtek audio driver.

Dumbbird, May 18, 2016
  8. How fast should a PC run at these specs?

TairikuOkami, May 18, 2016
  9. Dumbbird Win User
    Dumbbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How fast should a PC run at these specs? - Similar Threads - fast should run

2. How to check PC specs without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check PC specs without logging in?: I have a patron who inherited a laptop from his family member, but he didn't get any passwords. I tried various password recovery options, but because he didn't have access to his brother's email or phone, it wouldn't work. He doesn't care about data recovery, so I am going...
  3. How to check PC specs without logging in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to check PC specs without logging in?: I have a patron who inherited a laptop from his family member, but he didn't get any passwords. I tried various password recovery options, but because he didn't have access to his brother's email or phone, it wouldn't work. He doesn't care about data recovery, so I am going...
  4. How to check PC specs without logging in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fast PC now runs slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast PC now runs slow: For about 3 months now, my usually fast PC has started to run extremely slow, now to the point of being unusable. To be more specific, it runs slow in everything, apps take longer to open, run laggier, more stutters, game with lower fps, and a whole lot of stuttering in...
  6. Fast PC now runs slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast PC now runs slow: For about 3 months now, my usually fast PC has started to run extremely slow, now to the point of being unusable. To be more specific, it runs slow in everything, apps take longer to open, run laggier, more stutters, game with lower fps, and a whole lot of stuttering in...
  7. How long should diagnosing your PC run for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should diagnosing your PC run for?: It ran earlier and took maybe 30 minutes went to repairing your PC and got back into windows but on next restart it went back to diagnosing your PC and is seemingly stuck it has been running for well over an hour. I can not get into safe mode, startup settings or the windows...
  8. what is the minimum desktop PC spec to run windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the minimum desktop PC spec to run windows 10?: what is the minimum desktop PC spec to run windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/c14604c7-51e9-44da-80f5-d64fa4767457
  9. New PC, Should be fast!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC, Should be fast!: Why does Windows 10 make my new PC work slower the my old 7 year old PC? 34 gigs of ram 4 GHz i7! Window 7 was great, 10 seems to stink! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-should-be-fast/e315ea80-35fe-4775-a934-bcc6e1e333e6
  10. Is this spec enough to run W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this spec enough to run W10: How do you think this spec laptop will perform with Windows 10 - or would it be better to stick with W7. [img] Thanks 22954