Windows 10: how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

Discus and support how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As above. hard drives may be changed, so I want to know if there's another way of finding out how many years the PC has been used. A similar utility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Jul 21, 2021.

1. how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

As above. hard drives may be changed, so I want to know if there's another way of finding out how many years the PC has been used. A similar utility for monitors will be great too.

:)

tententwenty, Jul 21, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 21, 2021
  4. how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

2nd Hard Drive Powers Down Automatically

Hi,

This issue may arise due to the following reasons:

• Hard drive failure or corruptions.
    • Issues with the power supply.
    • USB related issues.
    • Driver conflicts.
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit onEnter Key.

3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

4. Right click and click on delete.

If the issue still persists, check if the power management option is turned in the in the USB drive or other devices when you connect the hard drive.

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    , double-click on the 1st Root Hub.

c. Go to the Power tab to see if the drive is connected to it. If not, try the next Root Hub. If so, click the
    Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

1. how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!) - Similar Threads - find lifetime power

2. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  3. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  4. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  5. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  6. Finding my hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding my hard drives: The June MS updates crashed my Windows 10 and I couldn't find any way to recover it, so I had to reinstall Windows. I had two multi-TB physical drives with multiple partitions each. I had 2 system partitions for Windows and a backup Windows, a huge data partition, and a data...
  7. Finding my hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding my hard drives: The June MS updates crashed my Windows 10 and I couldn't find any way to recover it, so I had to reinstall Windows. I had two multi-TB physical drives with multiple partitions each. I had 2 system partitions for Windows and a backup Windows, a huge data partition, and a data...
  8. Finding my hard drives

9. How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.

How to find "PHOTOS" in external hard drive.: My old Acer Desktop with Windows 10 died peacefully. I removed the hard drive from it and have a hard drive dock. When I plug in the dock, I see the following see image below. My question is where are my photos? How can I find them? I want to transfer them to my new computer....
  10. Hard drive completely filled in hours.

Hard drive completely filled in hours.: So as you can probably tell from the subject, my hard drive C: is completely full and this has happened in the span of a few hours. When I had left for college my C drive was no more than 50% full as I only store a few applications and the OS on it and I have separate hard...