Windows 10: how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

Discus and support how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As above. hard drives may be changed, so I want to know if there's another way of finding out how many years the PC has been used. A similar utility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Jul 21, 2021.

1. how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

As above. hard drives may be changed, so I want to know if there's another way of finding out how many years the PC has been used. A similar utility for monitors will be great too.

:)

tententwenty, Jul 21, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 21, 2021
  4. how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

2nd Hard Drive Powers Down Automatically

Hi,

This issue may arise due to the following reasons:

• Hard drive failure or corruptions.
    • Issues with the power supply.
    • USB related issues.
    • Driver conflicts.
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit onEnter Key.

3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

4. Right click and click on delete.

If the issue still persists, check if the power management option is turned in the in the USB drive or other devices when you connect the hard drive.

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    , double-click on the 1st Root Hub.

c. Go to the Power tab to see if the drive is connected to it. If not, try the next Root Hub. If so, click the
    Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!)

1. how find lifetime power on hours pc (not hard drive!) - Similar Threads - find lifetime power

2. Can't find internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find internal hard drive: Recently, I have switched to pc from Xbox and I cannot find my hard drive to store games. I am new to pc so all I need to know is how to find it as if it was brand new. I can still access my ssd, but not my hard drive. The computer is the Dell G5 Tower if that helps...
  3. Hard drive completely filled in hours.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive completely filled in hours.: So as you can probably tell from the subject, my hard drive C: is completely full and this has happened in the span of a few hours. When I had left for college my C drive was no more than 50% full as I only store a few applications and the OS on it and I have separate hard...
  4. can't find a networked hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find a networked hard drive: I have a hard drive connected to an apple airport router. I had this all set up last summer and it was working fine. I moved and I hooked it all back up and now my Windows 10 machine will not see the shared drive. Other MAC laptops can access it. I wasn't using this...
  5. External Hard Drive Power Off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Power Off?: I have a WD 2TB Mypassport drive and for some reason after I shut down my desktop it still has power to it and the light blinks. I want to completely shut off everything when I shut down my PC. I checked all of the power setting and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have...
  6. lifetime protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lifetime protection: Can you tell me if I have a lifetime protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/lifetime-protection/ef58f0b1-9be6-413b-946b-7fba92c8511e
  7. PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD: So I believe this has happened at least twice this week, but basically my PC is just powering off, then restarting as if it has lost power. No BSOD. No clean shutdown. At first I thought the power in my house blinked, but it happened again today and no one else's PC shut off....
  8. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467
  9. Data Hard Drive in This PC

Data Hard Drive in This PC: I got this PC yesterday and have noticed that there is a random empty drive in This PC. It says "762 GB free of 763 GB." Does this come with every OS and what is it used for? 21080
  10. Finding the free space on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the free space on a hard drive: Is there any application that comes with Windows 10, that will show the hard-drive storage usage and free space? I do not mean an application that will show usage and free space for each partition (disk). Such data is rather inconvenient, when one wants to know how much is...