Windows 10: How find something in the Registry if I know the path?

Discus and support How find something in the Registry if I know the path? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using the Find option in regedit, I was (finally) able to find what I was looking for in the Registry. Now that I've found it - and knowing the path,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How find something in the Registry if I know the path?

Using the Find option in regedit, I was (finally) able to find what I was looking for in the Registry. Now that I've found it - and knowing the path, can I find it next time by keying in the path? I've tried different key word combinations and a partial path using the Find function. However, for some reason, my tries haven't been able to find this folder. I'm stymied!!! The actual path is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macrium\reflect\Recent Folders\Image

I tried keying in this path, but it doesn't find it.

Thank you.....

:)

Nisko, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 19, 2020
  3. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 19, 2020
  4. How find something in the Registry if I know the path?

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

How find something in the Registry if I know the path?

1. How find something in the Registry if I know the path? - Similar Threads - find something Registry

2. Is there something I don't know about?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there something I don't know about?: For some reason, my laptop isn't receiving the 23h2 update. What's even more perplexing is I ran PC health check, and it said my Processor isn't supported?...
  3. Is there something I don't know about?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there something I don't know about?: For some reason, my laptop isn't receiving the 23h2 update. What's even more perplexing is I ran PC health check, and it said my Processor isn't supported?...
  4. How to find path of a certain window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find path of a certain window?: How would I find the path to a settings window or tab? Not a file or folder but just a window. For example I was able to make a shortcut on the desktop to the "Sound Options" Window-Tab by using Windows\system32\mmsys.cpl.How would I find the path of similar windows or tabs?...
  5. How to find path of a certain window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find path of a certain window?: How would I find the path to a settings window or tab? Not a file or folder but just a window. For example I was able to make a shortcut on the desktop to the "Sound Options" Window-Tab by using Windows\system32\mmsys.cpl.How would I find the path of similar windows or tabs?...
  6. How to find path of a certain window?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to find registry keys?

How to find registry keys?: Is there some sort of search bar in regedit? Not the adress bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-registry-keys/01b9ae4f-69e6-4e9c-892b-c59539c06898
  8. Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths: Hi everyone Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 Build 19042.631 Im need to compare the security topics as follows, I am not sure if this is normal or configuration. Network access Remote registry paths and sub paths Thanks. [img] 170769
  9. Where in Registry do I find the default path for shortcuts?

Where in Registry do I find the default path for shortcuts?: When I install a program it creates a shortcut. This shortcut's path starts with D:\Program Files x86 even when the program was installed in D:\Program Files. Such a shortcut does not work. The default target path for shortcuts is defined in the registry as far as I know....
  10. i need to know something

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    i need to know something: so hi everyone here is what i want to learn Screenshot and Screenshot these are screenshots of my graphic cards when i look into directx recognition window when i enter 'dxdiag' in search can anyone tell me what is my graphic cards memory in gb? 62437