Windows 10: How force installation from CD

Discus and support How force installation from CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried installation from CD. Starts & displays setup.exe and then nothing. How force installation? Was installed prior to blue screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jp&tk, Nov 11, 2018.

1. jp&tk Win User

How force installation from CD

Tried installation from CD. Starts & displays setup.exe and then nothing. How force installation? Was installed prior to blue screen and reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro. Not computer literate and ancient.

:)

jp&tk, Nov 11, 2018

2. Unable to install dictonary from CD

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to install?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Is the issue specific to a particular CD or are you able to read other files from other discs?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the particular application that you are trying to install is compatible with Windows 10.

You may also copy all of the content inside the CD to a folder and try to install it in compatibility mode.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program.

2) Click on Properties.

3) Click on Compatibility tab.

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode (try different Operating systems) and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Please do let us know whether you are able to install the application successfully after following the above steps. If you require further assistance, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 11, 2018
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Installing XP without a CD drive

Follow these steps:

1. Create a boot floppy on a Windows 98 machine. (or get it here: http://files.frashii.com/~bootdisk/alabama/boot98se.exe)
    2. Boot your new machine with the boot floppy using the "boot with CDROM support" option.
    3. Place the Windows 98 CD into the CDROM and at the c: prompt navigate to the Windows 98 directory on the CD. <--- you can skip this step, by dling smartdrv.exe and xcopy.exe over the web and copying it to the floppy
    4. Start smartdrv.exe and copy the xcopy.exe command to the c:root. (If you can't find it you can easily download a copy from the Web.)
    5. Put the XP CD in and xcopy the installation folder (I386) to the C: drive.
    6. Switch to the copied folder and type winnt.exe (the XP installation command).
    7. Windows XP will now install itself.

4. How force installation from CD

CD Drive after installing window 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to install the latest drivers for CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer’s website or can update the drivers by following the steps provided below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

How force installation from CD

1. How force installation from CD - Similar Threads - force installation

2. Machine Crash to force Co-Pilot installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine Crash to force Co-Pilot installation.: Working away, Windows 10, carefully maintained. I'm running multiple design programs and some Microsoft *apps* chokes reflexively at the level of linguistic abusiveness designed primarily to advertise to me. Don't turn machine off often, don't do auto updates - learned the...
  3. Machine Crash to force Co-Pilot installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine Crash to force Co-Pilot installation.: Working away, Windows 10, carefully maintained. I'm running multiple design programs and some Microsoft *apps* chokes reflexively at the level of linguistic abusiveness designed primarily to advertise to me. Don't turn machine off often, don't do auto updates - learned the...
  4. Machine Crash to force Co-Pilot installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So I just read when you install MS Office 365 it is adding OneDrive to my system forcing a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I just read when you install MS Office 365 it is adding OneDrive to my system forcing a...: If this is true it is a horrible idea. I needed to clean space on my hard disk yesterday and found my files for desktop, documents, and pictures in an Onedrive folder on my c:\ drive. Then I uninstalled Onedrive because it kept trying to synch a large amount of my files. I...
  6. So I just read when you install MS Office 365 it is adding OneDrive to my system forcing a...

So I just read when you install MS Office 365 it is adding OneDrive to my system forcing a...: If this is true it is a horrible idea. I needed to clean space on my hard disk yesterday and found my files for desktop, documents, and pictures in an Onedrive folder on my c:\ drive. Then I uninstalled Onedrive because it kept trying to synch a large amount of my files. I...
  7. is there a way to Force reboot Windows 11 Installation Assistant to skip the 30 minute...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to Force reboot Windows 11 Installation Assistant to skip the 30 minute...: Hi everyone,I'm trying to set a auto update sistem but the Windows 11 Installation Assistant has a timer at the end and i want to find a way to auto restart after it ends, skipping the 30 minute timer....
  8. is there a way to Force reboot Windows 11 Installation Assistant to skip the 30 minute...

is there a way to Force reboot Windows 11 Installation Assistant to skip the 30 minute...: Hi everyone,I'm trying to set a auto update sistem but the Windows 11 Installation Assistant has a timer at the end and i want to find a way to auto restart after it ends, skipping the 30 minute timer....
  9. is there a way to Force reboot Windows 11 Installation Assistant to skip the 30 minute...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why are we FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft features installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are we FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft features installed?: I would like to hear your best reasoning on why a PC user is FORCED to keep unwanted Microsoft apps and features installed against their will? Apps like Cortana, Xbox Game Bar, Microsoft Edge & it's WebView 2 and so many more are not for everyone. As well as the hundreds of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to force install from cd