Windows 10: How frequent is too frequent for updates?

Discus and support How frequent is too frequent for updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just had a Windows update yesterday requiring a restart, the notification of which interfered with a running project I was involved with and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimLynn, Feb 17, 2020.

1. TimLynn Win User

How frequent is too frequent for updates?

I just had a Windows update yesterday requiring a restart, the notification of which interfered with a running project I was involved with and everything slowed to a crawl. Tonight I have "2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4534132" popping up a restart requirement notification. So far, it seems like the more updates I receive - and they are frequent! - the more ads I get from Microsoft and it's marketing friends. I'd appreciate an operating system that operates my computer for my benefit. Let people who want to be inundated with ads and tracking and requests opt-in to do so. I can't even opt out of receiving **** any more without seemingly ending up on a list to receive even more ****. Or is that a feeling only I have?

:)

TimLynn, Feb 17, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. Internet explorer frequent sites

I noticed that on internet explorer if I right click its pinned icon on the taskbar or in start menu it produces a jump list. This gives pinned sites, tasks and frequent sites. What baffled me is the listed sites under frequent, they never seem to change. I visited for example ford.com weeks ago just once, that's listed in there. Yet a site like Wikipedia or YouTube that I use daily never gets listed under frequent. Basically it never seems to change. I wondered what other people experience on this or whether anyone ever looks at it and notices. It seems on the surface to be a good feature but in practice it's not too helpful, at least not on our machines! Maybe we've got a setting out of place somewhere though I can't think what

Scottyboy99, Feb 17, 2020
  4. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How frequent is too frequent for updates? - Similar Threads - frequent too frequent

2. frequents BSoD and unsuccesful updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequents BSoD and unsuccesful updates: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent crashes and bluescreens, my laptop is struggling to update lately I get 0xc1900204 error and I suspect that this may be the reason...here are my last mini-dump...
  3. frequents BSoD and unsuccesful updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequents BSoD and unsuccesful updates: Hi, I'm experiencing frequent crashes and bluescreens, my laptop is struggling to update lately I get 0xc1900204 error and I suspect that this may be the reason...here are my last mini-dump...
  4. frequents BSoD and unsuccesful updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Blue Screen issue too frequent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen issue too frequent: I have Windows 10 Professional which came with the laptop, But after I plug in any USB, why do blue screen errors comes. Any Ideas on how to resolve the same....
  6. Too Frequent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too Frequent Windows updates: I am having too frequent windows 10 updates- cumulative update, feature update, quality update etc. When it updates, some of the apps stops functioning, including eg. WIFI connection, MS Office etc. Please help, it is irritating and time consuming as it happens every 15 - 21...
  7. Frequent BSODs after update

Frequent BSODs after update: Hi, my wife's computer started crashing frequently recently. She says it started around the time of the previous update. I restored the system to a previous point, but it crashed 3 times in under an hour while getting the files. Dump files/system info below. Thanks in...
  8. Sign in screen too frequently

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in screen too frequently: I am getting into the sign in screen too frequently. Even if I am working on something actively and suddenly windows is taking me to the sign in screen where I have to log back in. Can anyone suggest how to solve this? I do not want my computer to lock at all automatically....
  9. Internet cuts off way too frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet cuts off way too frequently: i can ‘t go on 3 minutes without it cutting. i have a TP-Link TL-WN881ND card. already uninstalled the driver and installed again, didn’t work. no clue what to do at this point. submitted by /u/LucidBelief [link] [comments]...
  10. Frequent BSOD

Frequent BSOD: Hello guys. In the past few months my PC has been constantly having a BSOD, usually 2 times a week or so (more frequently in the last few days). Most of the times it happens right after booting the OS, with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. One time I also got something related to...