Windows 10: How get files to open in same open application

Discus and support How get files to open in same open application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using a Photostyler image editing program for many years. On Windows XP and previous OP systems, if you click on sequential (say *.jpg) files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ICCeditor, Apr 29, 2018.

1. ICCeditor Win User

How get files to open in same open application

I've been using a Photostyler image editing program for many years. On Windows XP and previous OP systems, if you click on sequential (say *.jpg) files in Explorer, the first file you click on opens PhotoStyler and displays the image; then subsequent files clicked on opens them up in the same PhotoStyler window without restarting the program; this allows the images to be displayed side by side using Window>>Tile in the open program.

With my Windows 10 install, every time I click on an image file in Explorer it starts up a new version of Photostyler so I end up with many open versions of the same program and with no ability to use Window>>Tile to display the images side by side. BTW... if I open subsequent files using the File>Open in an open PhotoStyler, it will load them into the same window.

Is there something that can be entered in the Reg or command line or ?? that will cause sequential image files clicked on in Explorer to load into the PhotoStyler that is already open.

As an addendum, let me provide a bit more on the nature of the problem. PhotoStyler is a 16-bit application, which is why it is being run on a W10-32bit operating system, and it requires Administrator privileges in order to print reliably. Otherwise it is fully functional and running correctly with no backward compatibilities turned on. They were tried and don't help. Also, PhotoStyler is installed directly in the C:\drive root directory, as PhotoStyler install won't allow it to be installed in the C:\Program Files directory. My suspicion is that the file-open issue may be tied to W10's strengthened security features, as the application couldn't access the print spooler without being run under Administrator privileges. Any ideas on how to turn off the W10 security roadblocks just for this program? ... or other things to try.

:)

ICCeditor, Apr 29, 2018

2. How do i get a folder to open in the same posistion and size as when I closed it?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand that wanted to get a folder to open in the same position and size as when you close it
    Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following information.

• Is it a particular folder or an Application that you are referring to ?
    Unfortunately it is not possible in Windows10 and I would suggest you to provide feedback regarding the same using
    Feedback App.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Apr 29, 2018
  3. How do i get a folder to open in the same posistion and size as when I closed it?

I am using windows 10 and I want my folders to open up in the same position and size as they were when I last closed them.

Is it possible to do this?

deltaflyer24, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

How get files to open in same open application

1. How get files to open in same open application - Similar Threads - files open same

2. Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...: So here is the thing: the entire point about using multiple desktops is that we get to separate our windows into different "activities". One Ubuntu, for example, I use a desktop for work and another for personal things so that I don't have to deal with all of them when I'm...
  3. Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...: So here is the thing: the entire point about using multiple desktops is that we get to separate our windows into different "activities". One Ubuntu, for example, I use a desktop for work and another for personal things so that I don't have to deal with all of them when I'm...
  4. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  5. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  6. How to open the same application on a different desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open the same application on a different desktop?: So far the only answer by Microsoft to this recurring question which has popped up over the years in many different posts is to simply lock those posts to conveniently sweep the issue under the rug, allow you to vote on the question to conveniently sweep the issue under the...
  7. How to open the same application on a different desktop?

How to open the same application on a different desktop?: So far the only answer by Microsoft to this recurring question which has popped up over the years in many different posts is to simply lock those posts to conveniently sweep the issue under the rug, allow you to vote on the question to conveniently sweep the issue under the...
  8. How to open the same application on a different desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. all icon open the same application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all icon open the same application: Suddenly the icons in my computer changed. They all open the same application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icon-open-the-same-application/51e81ed8-56d4-4693-a621-085e48686a53
  10. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me...