Windows 10: How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10

Discus and support How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.92 I am new to Win10. I miss my Windows Photo Viewer from my old Win7. It was a nice simple program for what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robls99, May 27, 2021.

1. robls99 Win User

How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10

Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.92 I am new to Win10. I miss my Windows Photo Viewer from my old Win7. It was a nice simple program for what I need. Is there any way to get that back in my new Win10?

:)

robls99, May 27, 2021
  2. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, May 27, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, May 27, 2021
  4. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10 [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, May 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10 - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer Win10

2. Win10 Photo Viewer Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Photo Viewer Suggestion: Many of us create photo albums, slideshows etc. from picture folders. If these folders are extensive and one wants to select specific images for a new project, it is quite cumbersome going back and forth to get the filenames of the images from the photo album.It would be nice...
  3. Win10 Photo Viewer Suggestion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Photo Viewer Suggestion: Many of us create photo albums, slideshows etc. from picture folders. If these folders are extensive and one wants to select specific images for a new project, it is quite cumbersome going back and forth to get the filenames of the images from the photo album.It would be nice...
  4. Win10 Photo Viewer Suggestion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do you get win10's windows photo viewer to play animated gifs?

How do you get win10's windows photo viewer to play animated gifs?: I am aware that the win 10 version of windows photo viewer doesnt support playing animated gifs the way the win 7 photo viewer does. But i know that theres a way to get it to do this (no, not by using another program like irfanview or whatever). I just cant remember what the...
  6. Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad

Can't get Windows Photo Viewer working on my new Lenovo Thinkpad: Win 10 Pro, 1809, clean w10 install. I updated the registry with Edwin's code (Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? thread, 25 Jul 2015). All changes made to registry, but Windows Photo Viewer is still not an option in default apps (or default apps by file type) so can't change from...
  7. How do I get the old photo viewer back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get the old photo viewer back?: How do I get the old (win7/8) photo viewer back in windows 10? The windows 10 Photos app takes 30 seconds to open every time you want to view an image, which is just unacceptable. I used to be able to change it back after every windows update via the "default apps"...
  8. Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10?

Hello, how to get back Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10?: Is there any more legitimate solution than modifying the registry which is something not very comfortable to me 80178
  9. Get Windows photo viewer back ..

in Windows 10 Support
    Get Windows photo viewer back ..: Hi All Just got new Dell XPX13 came with wds10 .. and it missing windows photo viewer like 7 or 8.1 .. Can I install it to wds10 and where do i get it ..? Thanks 16620
  10. how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get photos from photo viewer to my pictures: can anybody help me. since updating to windows 10 when I import pictures they go straight into the new photo viewer app but I cant figure out how to get them to my pictures. I am using turbo lister for ebay and I cant find a way to the imported pictures. 17338