Windows 10: How good is windows cyber security?

Discus and support How good is windows cyber security? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it almost guaranteed to find malicious software? I would think as long as you keep it updated it would block most things. I do once in a while use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ifeeluberish, Dec 17, 2020.

1. How good is windows cyber security?

Is it almost guaranteed to find malicious software? I would think as long as you keep it updated it would block most things. I do once in a while use those sketchy download sites for a video game mod. They try to trick you with which link actually downloads it but I always make sure to do a quick scan of the file before opening it on my computer.

submitted by /u/Ifeeluberish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ifeeluberish, Dec 17, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Leading Technology Companies Announce Creation of Cyber Security Research Alliance

Today, leading technology companies announced the creation of the Cyber Security Research Alliance (CSRA). The CSRA is a private, non-profit research consortium formed in response to the growing need for increased public-private collaboration to address complex problems in cyber security. The founding members of the CSRI are Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Honeywell, Intel Corporation, Lockheed Martin, and RSA/EMC.

President Obama has prioritized cyber threats as one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face as a nation and a dependency to America's economic prosperity in the 21st century.

CSRA seeks to achieve coordinated industry participation to address national cyber security research and development (R&D) imperatives and bridge the gap between government funded R&D and commercially available products and solutions in cyber security. CSRA will focus on challenges that are bigger than any one company, consortium, sector or nation and ensure that government, industry and academia collaborate on in-depth problem understanding and definition.

"The CSRA is organized to leverage expertise, from member companies and partners in government and academia," said Lee Holcomb, president of the CSRA and vice president of strategic initiatives, Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions. "Together we hope to create viable, game changing cyber security solutions."

The CSRA is discussing with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) the arrangement for a joint cyber security research symposium in early 2013 to connect researchers and early adopters from across the private, academic, and government sectors.

"Putting into practice the exciting cyber security innovations that emerge from research requires active partnerships between government and industry and also among private sector stakeholders," said Chuck Romine, Director of NIST's Information Technology Laboratory. "The emergence of CSRA can strengthen both kinds of partnerships and we look forward to working with this new organization to promote a trustworthy cyberspace for our nation and its citizens."

Initially, CSRA will focus on building the organization and developing viable collaboration models. Activities and focus areas for the organization will include:
    • Prioritizing the "grand challenges" in cyber security through the collaboration of all stakeholders
    • Tracking cyber security R&D activities
    • Developing viable approaches to technology transfer

btarunr, Dec 17, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How good is windows cyber security?

Announcing: new British Standard for cyber risk and resilience

Source: Announcing: new British Standard for cyber risk and resilience Microsoft Secure

Brink, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

How good is windows cyber security?

1. How good is windows cyber security? - Similar Threads - cyber security

2. Is Elite Cyber Security a legitimate Microsoft product?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Elite Cyber Security a legitimate Microsoft product?: Approximately two months after receiving my new laptop, my computer locked up. Anything I tried, wouldn't unfreeze this pop-up warning and I needed to call 1-855-474-9015, which I did. They said they were Microsoft partners, so I paid $195 and gave them access to my laptop....
  3. Is Elite Cyber Security a legitimate Microsoft product?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Elite Cyber Security a legitimate Microsoft product?: Approximately two months after receiving my new laptop, my computer locked up. Anything I tried, wouldn't unfreeze this pop-up warning and I needed to call 1-855-474-9015, which I did. They said they were Microsoft partners, so I paid $195 and gave them access to my laptop....
  4. I have a quick question for a cyber security expert.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a quick question for a cyber security expert.: What would be the most secure configuration for Windows Defender firewall for personal use. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-quick-question-for-a-cyber-security/3089cb3f-2629-4abe-a0c7-3d2960ab127f
  5. I have a quick question for a cyber security expert.

I have a quick question for a cyber security expert.: What would be the most secure configuration for Windows Defender firewall for personal use. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-quick-question-for-a-cyber-security/3089cb3f-2629-4abe-a0c7-3d2960ab127f
  6. What are the major cyber security threats?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the major cyber security threats?: What are the major cyber security threats ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-major-cyber-security-threats/4e483274-dd07-4516-b142-87a4d76642c1
  7. What are the major cyber security threats?

What are the major cyber security threats?: What are the major cyber security threats ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-major-cyber-security-threats/4e483274-dd07-4516-b142-87a4d76642c1
  8. Is Elite Cyber Security a Microsoft Partner.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Elite Cyber Security a Microsoft Partner.: Hi, My husband contacted Microsoft because his computer was really slow and I was not home, so he tried to fix the problem by himself. He said they put him through Elite Cyber Security and they installed a 1 year security program on his machine. I can't contact Microsoft...
  9. How can I investigate fraud and cyber security hacking on my device and home internet

How can I investigate fraud and cyber security hacking on my device and home internet: This is a public community. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information such as your email address, phone number, product key, password, or credit card number.Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Answers Community. Check...
  10. 60 Minutes Cyber security Solarwindws

60 Minutes Cyber security Solarwindws: On 07/04/2021 there was a 60 Minutes episode on Cyber security / SolarWinds. The Russian hacking was discovered by Fireeye. 18,000 infected networks. Servers were set up inside the United States. Intruders impersonated employees. The Russians had lots of practice with the...