Windows 10: How HCK Studio can be used to sign .hckx package in case of HSM Signing

Discus and support How HCK Studio can be used to sign .hckx package in case of HSM Signing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, We have a signing environment where we keep our private key in HSM box and perform network signing. I need to sign .hckx package and I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ammar Haris, Aug 12, 2019.

1. How HCK Studio can be used to sign .hckx package in case of HSM Signing

Hi,

We have a signing environment where we keep our private key in HSM box and perform network signing.

I need to sign .hckx package and I found a doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/test/hlk/user/hlk-signing-with-an-hsm which says that we would need to install HCK studio on a machine and connect that machine to HSM.

Please let me know if some other settings are required in the HCK studio to be able to use network singing while creating the package.

Regards,

Ammar

:)

Ammar Haris, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Fewer Visual Studio Sign-in Prompts

Source: Fewer Visual Studio Sign-in Prompts | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Sign provisioning package using certificate to work silently

I just went through this myself for a project I am working on. I created a self-signed certificate and used it to sign the package.

I think all you need is a certificate installed with private key in the LocalUser\My store, the key usage needs to be Code Signing, and the chain needs to be trusted.

In my case, I had to also add the cert itself into trust root to trust it. Once I did that, the test cert showed up in the list.

I still haven't yet tested actually making the install silent, but that comes next.

Gary Siepser (msft), Aug 12, 2019
  4. How HCK Studio can be used to sign .hckx package in case of HSM Signing

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How HCK Studio can be used to sign .hckx package in case of HSM Signing

1. How HCK Studio can be used to sign .hckx package in case of HSM Signing - Similar Threads - HCK Studio used

2. Unable to sign package using HLK studio on Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign package using HLK studio on Windows10: I'm trying to sign a package with HLK Studio to complete the certification process, but I'm getting an error message.I'm using EV certificate with sha256.I've inserted usb token which has certificate information and I can see the certificate by using 'certmgr.msc'.I've opened...
  3. Unable to sign package using HLK studio on Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign package using HLK studio on Windows10: I'm trying to sign a package with HLK Studio to complete the certification process, but I'm getting an error message.I'm using EV certificate with sha256.I've inserted usb token which has certificate information and I can see the certificate by using 'certmgr.msc'.I've opened...
  4. Unable to sign package using HLK studio on Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I sign in: I cant sign in. I cant pass the screen before the sign in page. I cant do anything on the PC. I have this PC for 2 years now and dont have problem at all. I dont even need to do troubleshooting for update but now I cant sign in. This PC got borrowed by my niece and now the...
  6. How can I sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I sign in: I cant sign in. I cant pass the screen before the sign in page. I cant do anything on the PC. I have this PC for 2 years now and dont have problem at all. I dont even need to do troubleshooting for update but now I cant sign in. This PC got borrowed by my niece and now the...
  7. How can I sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Signing a driver package

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Signing a driver package: Is a release signature created through a Software Publisher Certificate SPC valid for Windows 10? Or the only way to do it is Hardware Certification Kit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-a-driver-package/7bb3f0b1-de9d-4127-bde7-aef09031637b
  9. Can no sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can no sign in: Have a n ew computer with Windows 10. The set up went fine and I signed in the first time with no problem, Ever since then, it will not let me sign in and told me to go to account.live.com I changed my password twice still nothing. this last time, I reset the password and...
  10. Fewer Visual Studio Sign-in Prompts

in Windows 10 News
    Fewer Visual Studio Sign-in Prompts: You’ve told us that Visual Studio makes you sign in WAY too often. Over the last year, we’ve released several improvements to help address your feedback. The keychain we released with Visual Studio 2015 made it possible to manage multiple identities in VS and gave you single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HSM HLK siging