Windows 10: How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?

Discus and support How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had thought Hewlett Packard was pretty honest. But in one sense, at least, I have caught them acting like hucksters of the worst sort and downright... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Amy1CW, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Amy1CW Win User

How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?

I had thought Hewlett Packard was pretty honest. But in one sense, at least, I have caught them acting like hucksters of the worst sort and downright SHILLS for McAfee.

And I don't appreciate that.

There is this message that occasionally pops up in my HP Support Assistant app that I really don't appreciate. It is not only misleading it is filled with such blatant lies as to verge on SCAREWARE.

Here is the message I mean:

How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer? [​IMG]

Can you spot the misleading statements (LIES) in this?

"Improve your protection with real-time anti-malware"

Windows 10 Security Suite which you get for free includes that already.

"Get Secure Cloud Storage" Windows 10 has OneDrive Cloud Storage includes and the first 5 GB of Storage are Free.

"To be REALLY safe you need to BUY McAfee LiveSafe."

No. You really don't. The truth is that HP would really LIKE you to because they get a kickback on the deal.

So here is a copy of the message I sent HP's CEO:

How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer? 4599dacb-ca08-4134-946c-a39a12e023fb?upload=true.png

I think all other HP Product owners should do likewise. If WE don't keep these guys honest no one will.

And it would be cool if everyone who reads this would check and see what YOUR Manufacturer is telling YOU about which security you should be using and why,

As for Windows 10 Security Suite read up on it. EVERYONE should know what they already have FREE before they start handing out bread for services from Third Party Hucksters.

How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer? 4ced9595-423f-4772-af45-c737cca054bb?upload=true.png

:)

Amy1CW, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Hoggorm Win User

Website corrupted on one computer, but not on other

Thank you, Bree.

Can I ask if you have a step by step tutorial or guide on how I do this? To be honest I do not have any idea what you are talking about How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer? :)

Hoggorm, Jun 9, 2019
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jun 9, 2019
  4. How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer?

1. How Honest is the Manufacturer of YOUR Computer? - Similar Threads - Honest Manufacturer Computer

2. Servers honestly idk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Servers honestly idk: So I recently upgraded to fiber optics from the same exact company I already had. So I expected no changes besides it being faster until I went to go game. I have lower ping for a server in Illinois than I do in Virginia where I live so I did a bunch of research blah blah...
  3. Servers honestly idk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Servers honestly idk: So I recently upgraded to fiber optics from the same exact company I already had. So I expected no changes besides it being faster until I went to go game. I have lower ping for a server in Illinois than I do in Virginia where I live so I did a bunch of research blah blah...
  4. Servers honestly idk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo: Hey, I'm getting a boot up error I need help with. I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15-7559.I believe I have some corrupt system files on my hard drive. When I turned my laptop on this morning, it popped up the Dell logo and nothing else. I turned it on/off several...
  6. Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo: Hey, I'm getting a boot up error I need help with. I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15-7559.I believe I have some corrupt system files on my hard drive. When I turned my laptop on this morning, it popped up the Dell logo and nothing else. I turned it on/off several...
  7. Computer stuck on Manufacturer logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to Shutdown your Computer with Cortana...!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Shutdown your Computer with Cortana...!: Now Cortana can Shutdown your PC in a more Complex way...!Earlier, there was a problem with Cortana, that she can't Shutdown the Computer, but now I fixed it...! Watch my YouTube Video to see how to do it...! This is the link = https://youtu.be/r-UuVDx6AW8 ...!...
  9. What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...: The title "What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS Update In Years?" pretty much says it all. The topic has recently come to light because of a post I posted yesterday where a person replying was asking about if the Drivers...
  10. Is your PC manufacture's web site ready for July 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    Is your PC manufacture's web site ready for July 29th: I was just checking out Lenovo's site today to see what's they have or for their recall news...etc. and stumbled upon their Windows 10 link Windows Support. [img] They are already getting ready*Smile. Date: July 09, 2015 Lenovo supported systems list for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp support assistant bing popup