Windows 10: How I can change Display Resolution when use winrm?

Discus and support How I can change Display Resolution when use winrm? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use windows server 2016 as jenkins slave for GUI tests by selenium. Master Jenkins node use for work with slave winrm protocol. When I use winrm as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrei Zakabluk, Oct 8, 2018.

1. How I can change Display Resolution when use winrm?

I use windows server 2016 as jenkins slave for GUI tests by selenium. Master Jenkins node use for work with slave winrm protocol. When I use winrm as protocol for work beetwen master - slave I have had screenshots from web browser with tests in resolution? maybe 1024*768. But display resolution for user who is doing test is 1920-1080. Browser with tests is working in background, because I see only process in task manager. There is a desktop is empty.

I tried searched and changed in regedit DefaultSettings.XResolution, DefaultSettings.YResolution

values. From 1024-768 to 1920-1080 but that didn't help.

I can resoled my problem if BEFORE launch my tests I did login by my user to windows server, then did disconnect. Then launched my tests and i will be have screenshots from browser with my resolution 1920-1080.

PLS help me!

:)

Andrei Zakabluk, Oct 8, 2018

2. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

How I can change Display Resolution when use winrm?

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

How I can change Display Resolution when use winrm?

1. How I can change Display Resolution when use winrm? - Similar Threads - change Display Resolution

2. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  3. How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the display resolution for an application back to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  4. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  5. How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...

How can I change the display resolution back for an application to it's default after the...: I was having problems with an application and ran the ompatibility tool which changed the display resolution for the application Quicken but it wasn't the problem BUT I mistakenly accepted the display resolution that the compatibility tool chose which is much, much too large...
  6. I cant change the display resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change the display resolution: i tried updating the drivers and other stuff it isnt working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-display-resolution/d71ae491-5b09-486e-a0c2-21634e5dad29
  7. I cant change the display resolution

I cant change the display resolution: i tried updating the drivers and other stuff it isnt working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-display-resolution/d71ae491-5b09-486e-a0c2-21634e5dad29
  8. How can I adjust display size resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I adjust display size resolution: How so I reduce size of the display. I accidentally changed the setting and it's far too big, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-adjust-display-size-resolution/df738297-f8e4-4925-8f63-e600e1c13805
  9. Change the display resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change the display resolution: I want to change the display resolution from 1366 X 768 to 1920 X 1080. How can I do that? In my system OS is Windows 10 Home and the highest display resolution is appearing as 1366 X 768....
  10. How can I change the resolution on a second display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the resolution on a second display?: Hi, so I got a drawing tablet, and its full resolution is 1920x1080. However, when I went to change the resolution, there was only one option, 800x600. I have a Windows 10 and I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to add a resolution option. Please help, it'd be...