Windows 10: How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print

Discus and support How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a (private - not office) network printer. When I print (and the printer is offline) Windows tell me in notification: Printer is offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tenni, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Tenni Win User

How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print

Hello,

I have a (private - not office) network printer.

When I print (and the printer is offline) Windows tell me in notification: Printer is offline

So I have to stand up. Walk to printer. And wait up to 3 minutes, until it's printing.

Now my idea:

I use a Sonoff-Wifi-Plug.
    I create with ifttt.com a WebHook for it ... so I just have to request a cryptic URI.

Now the question. Have someone a idea how the message about offline printer start a script to make this request?
    How I can detect a waiting printer job in windows spooler?

:)

Tenni, Nov 11, 2018
  2. SRP
    srp Win User

Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

Thank you - there are 0 documents queued in the printer. The "Property List" document was what I was trying to print at the time. Whenever I try to print, the document name I am currently printing is what shows up there, then it eventually prints after a minute or two.

3. Tom-Con Win User
    Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Nov 11, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

For every computer connected to the network at work, do the following:
    1) Search for, and open, Devices and Printers

How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print [​IMG]

2) Double click on your printer (Samsung ML-2950) [in my picture, I have an HP Printer]
    3) See if there's anything in there, maybe named Property List.xls
    4) Delete that from the Print Que

pepanee, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print - Similar Threads - detect waiting printer

2. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  3. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...
  4. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  5. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  6. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printer detected but not printing

Printer detected but not printing: Hi, Printer says is connected, trouble shoot does not find any issues, drivers are updated, I have un-installed and re-installed several (8-9) times. I can't print a test page from the computer but I can from the printer. I can scan to the computer as well. There are no...
  8. Print request jobs not enacting

Print request jobs not enacting: Hi ! Looking for help !! None of my print request jobs are being received by the printer so not printing !. Windows10 OS. System still recognises the device in Control Panel. Old printer, but has always been very reliable Brother MFC-440CN USB. Tried turning off/on...
  9. how do I make the printer print larger

how do I make the printer print larger: printer font size change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-the-printer-print-larger/4e4e5e59-ecfe-480b-8efc-5a1c05c9e35b
  10. Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?: Hi, We just got a new computer at work. Any time I print, I get the attached notification, "Your print job is waiting by other job". After a few minutes, it eventually prints. I have checked and do not have anything in my printer queue. Does anyone have any ideas how to get...