Windows 10: How I can get my data back after recovery

Discus and support How I can get my data back after recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've re-installed OS using HP cloud recovery tool as per instruction given by HP here - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205 After doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sam781, Dec 14, 2019.

1. sam781 Win User

How I can get my data back after recovery

I've re-installed OS using HP cloud recovery tool as per instruction given by HP here - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

After doing this I figured out that I lost data which I kept as backup in different Drive. Note that my Laptop had drive C: with 100GB for windows and drive D: with rest storage for data backup. I thought only C: drive would be impacted. But HP recovery process actually deleted the whole 240GB SSD and re-partition it.
    My question is how can I get the backup files back?

:)

sam781, Dec 14, 2019
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Dec 14, 2019
  3. slim142 Win User
    Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Dec 14, 2019
  4. How I can get my data back after recovery

Data recovery software

I'm giving Recuva a shot. Mussels posted a thread about data recovery and that was on the top of the list. I'll give that one a shot next if Reuva doesn't cut it. Thanks Wizz.

It'd be nice if this thread was unlocked, cleaned up, and sticky'd in this section. Just saying. *Wink How I can get my data back after recovery ;)

Radical_Edward, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

How I can get my data back after recovery

1. How I can get my data back after recovery - Similar Threads - data recovery

2. Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?: Hi, I have tried to create a Recovery Disk for my PC with Windows 10. I followed all the steps given and there came a caution saying: Be aware that all your data drive will be deleted. This put me off and I did not precede. As I could not understand that data that would be...
  3. Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Would 1TB USB storage data be deleted if I add a Recovery Disk to it?: Hi. Hi everyone. I am just a perpetual learner 77 years old great grandma who battles with computers for years, and never learns enough. Here I wonder if any of you can tell me that if I place my 1TB USB storage to store a Recovery Disk, would all my recorded data in my 1 TB...
  4. Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help - Bitlocker locked drive data recovery: Hi, Unfortunately, I have lost my drive E data after running clean command using DiskPart utility and drive was locked by bitlocker. Please help me to know, what are chances to recover data & how? where as I have bitlocker key. Note: it has some changes to the drive E...
  5. Accidentally deleted data recovery from 1 TB SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally deleted data recovery from 1 TB SSD: Hello I called on the Microsoft community to ask if you can help me. Please tell me how to recover accidentally deleted data from a partition SSD 1TB. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  6. Data recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data recovery: I accidently used clean command on my spare hard disk and it got converted toraw file format. Is there any way to undo the changes and restore my data back? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery/c53d5b8d-58d3-4552-bf24-cb99771a6343
  7. Recovery of data

Recovery of data: I have replaced Ubuntu OS by installing Windows 10. In that process, accidentally all files of Ubuntu OS is deleted. Is it possible to recover all deleted files through windows OS?...
  8. How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed

How to Recover a Raw Drive no data file recovery needed: Hello, I've recently been trying to use my old, broken laptop's larger and speedier drive to run Windows 10 on my desktop. After initially connecting the drive to my PC to see what was on there via SATA E: Drive, I was able to interact with the files on it and run .exe...
  9. Data Recovery from 20+ Year Hard Drive - Help Needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from 20+ Year Hard Drive - Help Needed: Hi, I'm trying to recover a file from a Western Digital Caviar 21200 hard drive that I used in a desktop at university. I sent the hard drive to a data recovery team and they have provided me evidence to show that the file I want is available, but then they also wanted to...
  10. How disable Ransomware Data Recovery?

How disable Ransomware Data Recovery?: I would like to enable Controlled Folder Access but it appears that if I do the Ransomware Data Recovery feature will try to backup some or all of the files in protected folders to OneDrive. I do not want anything backed up to OneDrive. How can I enable Controlled Folder...