Windows 10: how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually...

Discus and support how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, i need help on how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually entering it? i had 2 laptop, my experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sandria A.S., Nov 20, 2018.

1. how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually...

hi, i need help on how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually entering it?

i had 2 laptop, my experience of first time reinstall on these laptop listed below:

1st laptop: win 7 pro pre-installed

reinstall>login>not activated>apply 10pro license key>pro activated (1st time reinstall)

reinstall>login>pro activated (2nd time reinstall)

reinstall>login>pro activated (3rd time reinstall)

2nd laptop: win 10 home pre-installed

reinstall>home activated>login>apply 10pro license key>pro activated (1st time reinstall)

reinstall>login>home activated> apply pro license key >pro activated (2nd time reinstall)

reinstall>login>home activated> apply pro license key >pro activated (3rd time reinstall)

need help please..

i don't want to use pid.txt because it will be troublesome in some cases. the workaround aren't worth it.

btw thank you so much before.

:)

Sandria A.S., Nov 20, 2018

2. OEM embedded win 10 home key is stooping to register windows 10 pro key

Unfortunately i can not go for system redo.

my issue is "

I have HP Spectre x360 with embedded OEM key of win10 Home and i am successful to install windows pro by adding "ei.cfg" file in source folder of bootable cd/usb.

But the OEM win10 home is stopping to activate the pro edition. i need help to activate the pro edition

Please help me out if there is way to do so on now existing or installed Windows 10 pro edition... Thanks

Azmatkhalid, Nov 20, 2018
  3. ldoodle Win User
    Win 10 with embedded keys

Yeah all good points I suppose.

I'll add the PID file too. Thanks. How should the file look?

ldoodle, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Time Lady Win User

how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually...

OEM embedded win 10 home key is stooping to register windows 10 pro key

I had to do this to reinstall Windows pro after I upgraded from home to pro:

Create a PID.txt file containing the following text:

[PID]

Value=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

The Xs get replaced with your Windows 10 Pro product key. If your Windows 10 Pro activation is with a digital license, then insert the generic product key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Save the PID.txt file to the \Sources folder on your Windows 10 installation media (USB flash drive).

Windows 10 decides which version (Home or Pro) to install in the following order:

1. Finding a product key in the PID.txt file

2. Finding a product key in UEFI/BIOS

3. The user manually enters a product key when asked for one

4. No product key is found or entered - then the user is asked for Home or Pro

Time Lady, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually...

1. how i can replace my embedded win10 home key to pro without using pid file nor manually... - Similar Threads - replace embedded win10

2. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?: Hi all,I didn't found a exact solution for my issue, does someone know how I can do this:1. Old PC running Windows 10 Pro Intel NUC > This PC is about to be dismantled and put into recycling2. Dell Laptop with OEM Windows 10 Family or HomeI want to switch the OEM Home licence...
  3. how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...: help, i cannot use ultimate pid checker because i t is old. i cannot use microsoft pid checker because i t cannot use txt files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-a-txt-file-full-of-product-keys-using/b6fb419d-4172-4d45-af50-2ef96d2c850b
  4. how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...: help, i cannot use ultimate pid checker because i t is old. i cannot use microsoft pid checker because i t cannot use txt files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-a-txt-file-full-of-product-keys-using/b6fb419d-4172-4d45-af50-2ef96d2c850b
  5. How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?: After roughly 3-4 months of using Windows 11, I'm starting to despise it. I'd like to return to Windows 10, but the problem is that I'm using a laptop with the product key already installed. Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?...
  6. How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?: After roughly 3-4 months of using Windows 11, I'm starting to despise it. I'd like to return to Windows 10, but the problem is that I'm using a laptop with the product key already installed. Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?...
  7. Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?: I have a PC that started at Win7 home OEM. It was free upgraded to Win10 home. I purchased a win10 pro retail key. If I use the key, will I end up with a Win10 pro retail? There are benefits to having retail versions....
  8. Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replace the Home OEM key with a Pro OEM key: Hi all, I ordered a new Ryzen 9 4900H laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home. I am assuming this is OEM version of Windows and the product key is tied to the BIOS as per normal. I also have a spare Windows 10 Pro OEM key (not retail). If I wipe all partitions, and clean...
  9. can I replace windows10 pro with windows10 home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can I replace windows10 pro with windows10 home?: I keep getting message that my license has expired. I have windows10 pro which I would like to replace with windows10 home. Is this possible?...
  10. can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key: hi guys I need your help, I have win10 home on my pc, but I want to install win10 pro on my pc by using same win10 home key for Activation win10 pro. Is that same key can I use for Win10 Pro Activation, which I have for win10 Home, please let me know. The reason of make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing PID file windows 10

2. pid file bios tenforums