Windows 10: How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ?

Discus and support How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On My PC Before I Have Windows 7 On HDD But I Erased. I Install Windows 10 On My SSD Now I Want to Change Windows 10 Data To HDD .What I Do Now ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Minh RB, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Minh RB Win User

How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ?

On My PC Before I Have Windows 7 On HDD But I Erased. I Install Windows 10 On My SSD Now I Want to Change Windows 10 Data To HDD .What I Do Now ? Also Thank You Create A Such A Best OS How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ? :)

:)

Minh RB, Sep 15, 2018
  2. YuanSR Win User

Move Windows 10 from installed hdd to installed ssd

Get a disk cloning software and do the cloning job, from HDD to SSD on PC.

Change boot priority to cloned SSD in BIOS or remove HDD to test if you can boot up successfully.

Cloning method is safe but still it is good to create a backup image for your Win10 before you start.

For detailed steps with screenshots, you may need:
    migrate Windows 10 to SSD without data loss

YuanSR, Sep 15, 2018
  3. How to change a HDD being listed as SSD

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on the description, please be informed that manually we cannot change the SSD to HDD. However, let’s try running hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue remain the same after hardware troubleshooting, I suggest you to go to BIOS and check what is HDD is listed on BIOS and let us know.

Hope the above information helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 15, 2018
  4. How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ?

Does Windows 10 automatically recognise that a SSD has replaced a HDD?

I have recently replaced the HDD in my Windows 10 laptop with a SSD. As I understand it, Windows periodically runs a defragmentation in the background on a HDD. However, SSD drives do not require defragmenting and running such a tool can shorten the life
    of a SSD.

The SSD was a clone of the HDD and not a new installation. Will Windows 10 recognize that the laptop now has a SSD and stop its background defragmentation or do I need to take specific steps to prevent this activity occurring on the SSD? If I need to take
    action please advise on the steps I should take.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Grangeland, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ?

1. How I Change Windows 10 Data On My SSD Into My HDD ? - Similar Threads - Change Data SSD

2. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd: I currently have a 1tb hard drive that I've used for a few years. Recently I got a new ssd that is also 1tb and I would like to run windows on it. How would I move windows to the ssd while keeping all my data on the hard drive?...
  3. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd: I currently have a 1tb hard drive that I've used for a few years. Recently I got a new ssd that is also 1tb and I would like to run windows on it. How would I move windows to the ssd while keeping all my data on the hard drive?...
  4. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  5. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD and my HDD: I have 2 drives one labeled C: and D: . The C: says its a SSD and the D: is a HDD. I'm currently on the C drive. The computer was used. The C keeps running out of memory which is the SSD. So is there a way I can install Windows 10 on the Drive? Thanks for Help. Image Below...
  6. My SSD and my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I need to change form HDD to SSD for my laptop. how to transfer my windows 10 license to my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to change form HDD to SSD for my laptop. how to transfer my windows 10 license to my...: Hi, i brought a laptop with pre activated windows 10 home in its HDD. now i need to change its HDD with a SSD. So can anyone help me with how to transfer my windows 10 license to the SSD after changing....
  8. I cloned my data to an SSD from my HDD, how do I go about switching Windows from HDD to SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cloned my data to an SSD from my HDD, how do I go about switching Windows from HDD to SSD.: I installed a M.2 SATA SSD [Western Digital Blue 250GB], on my laptop. Then I reformated my laptop and used Macrium Reflect to clone it to my SSD. In which I think the process was succesful. However the windows doesn't switch to SSD, which makes me unable to reformat my HDD....
  9. How to shift my Windows 10 from HDD to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to shift my Windows 10 from HDD to my SSD?: Bought a brand new laptop, windows in hdd. How to migrate the OS to ssd, detailed steps would be helpful. Or would it be better if I do a clean reinstall? If so, what are the steps to do it? submitted by /u/pizzawithbananas [link] [comments]...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 OEM after changing my HDD To an SSD: Hi Can i reinstall windows 10 on my laptop if i change my HDD to SSD without losing my OEM windows 10 license ?? Thanx....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows directory from ssd hdd 10

2. change windows 10 into ssd