Windows 10: How I export my profile data from a firefox extension?

Discus and support How I export my profile data from a firefox extension? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How I export my profile data from an extension? An extension I'm using isn't working properly and I'd like to export my data before reinstalling it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by desbest, Mar 30, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

How I export my profile data from a firefox extension?

How I export my profile data from an extension? An extension I'm using isn't working properly and I'd like to export my data before reinstalling it. It's called onetab.

The menu on the top right corner is gone, so how can I export my saved data (or tabs)?

How I export my profile data from a firefox extension? [​IMG]

PS. Going to moz-extension://47f198f4-e5c4-407e-ae76-97625d481c7a/import-export.html doesn't work as the extension is faulty so it fails to display any URL's that can be exported.

:)

desbest, Mar 30, 2021

2. Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

Thanks for the reply. I tried deleting LastPass, re-booted my computer, started Firefox and then re-installed LastPass as you suggested. I signed in to LastPass and then shut down Firefox. When I restarted Firefox it signed in to LastPass automatically so that problem remains.

And the Tools/Add-ons/Extensions list remains blank although now if I right click the LastPass icon in Firefox it takes me to the top position in the Extensions list (previously LastPass was #4) - so it seems Firefox isn't displaying the entries in the list but knows which ones should be there and their positions.

I never noticed a problem with extensions during this recent Firefox issue and the only obvious problem now is the automatic sign-in to Lastpass and the blank extensions list.

Update: The Extension list appears in Firefox's SAFE mode so it looks like my profile is damaged. Haven't had this happen before, could be random or something to do with the recent update....

GadgetBuilder, Mar 30, 2021
  3. essenbe Win User
    Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

I think the LastPass issue can be taken care of in the LastPass control panel. Have it not trust your browser and have your browser not save passwords.

I have FF 66.0.4. I reset FF back to defaults but it still would not install the addons. After about 5 minutes and a restart it installed mine and works fine now. It must have installed the FF fix in those few minutes.

Also when you sign into the lastPass fro your browser pay close attention to the remember boxes.

essenbe, Mar 30, 2021
  4. bumgarb42 Win User

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

bumgarb42, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. How I export my profile data from a firefox extension? - Similar Threads - export profile data

2. How clear all data from administrator profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How clear all data from administrator profile: I was using an administrator profile in past now I created my new profile so how to clear data from the administrator profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-clear-all-data-from-administrator-profile/f6ed8484-a1b3-4c4f-817e-3cd601e66d81
  3. How clear all data from administrator profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How clear all data from administrator profile: I was using an administrator profile in past now I created my new profile so how to clear data from the administrator profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-clear-all-data-from-administrator-profile/f6ed8484-a1b3-4c4f-817e-3cd601e66d81
  4. How to Export Text from a Profile in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    How to Export Text from a Profile in Windows Terminal: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to export text from a profile in Windows Terminal on a Windows 11/10 computer. Export Text feature or option was not present earlier in the stable release, but now you can use it. Whether you use Windows Terminal with Command Prompt...
  5. Export Data format changes on exporting from Bank web page.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export Data format changes on exporting from Bank web page.: Export Data format changes to html instead of requested .csv or qif. This happened 6 months ago after Windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-data-format-changes-on-exporting-from-bank/7272a85c-0939-4249-9df3-5a57e510e145
  6. My passwords readable by Firefox extensions??

in Browsers and Email
    My passwords readable by Firefox extensions??: Yesterday I returned to Firefox for the first time in about 8 years. While working on my configuration, I came across the following link: Permission request messages for Firefox extensions | Firefox Help Which says this about installing certain extensions: "The extension...
  7. Extensions in Firefox 66

in Windows 10 News
    Extensions in Firefox 66: Firefox 66 is currently in beta and, for extension developers, the changes to the WebExtensions API center primarily around improving performance, stability, and the development experience. A total of 30 issues were resolved in Firefox 66, including contributions from several...
  8. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  9. How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How do I export my folders from Firefox to MS Edge: I've been having a lot of trouble with Firefox of late and have decided to make MS Edge my default browser. All I need to know is how do I export my Firefox folders to Edge. I'd prefer to make a direct export but if I have to export as HTML then to Firefox I can do that if...
  10. How to export data from My Docs into Windows Media Player - Help pleas

in Windows 10 Support
    How to export data from My Docs into Windows Media Player - Help pleas: I am new to all this and can't understand what to do! I have a Win10 Netbook with Windows Media Player installed and I have data, music and my own movies which I want to put onto discs to keep. I have purchased a usb externa lburner which does all this...