Windows 10: How I fixed memory leaks

Discus and support How I fixed memory leaks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not even sure if this is best place to post. Online solutions I found did not solved my memory leaks problem so I decided to share what I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by evildog1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. evildog1 Win User

How I fixed memory leaks

I'm not even sure if this is best place to post. Online solutions I found did not solved my memory leaks problem so I decided to share what I have discovered and how I fixed it myself.

My PC have 16 GB RAM. I have a NAS and I needed a software to auto backup/sync my files. A software called Qsync caused a huge amount of memory leaks if you sync too many files. The only way to fix was to delete files I don't use on a synced folder, and unsync the folders I don't need.

How did I find out?:

I was fresh installing Windows 10 to see if the memory leak was solved, RAM usage looks so much better... but after installing softwares back, the leak was back. This wasn't right, it has to be issue with software I installed

My suspecious was Qsync because I always see a high disk usage from it when I boot my PC and it had caused problems within Windows Explorer before, random crash and leaks. I went ahead and disable all startup apps on Task Manager and reboot my PC. No leaks, I took a screenshot with 4 monitor programs open

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I was really sure it was Qsync, so I started it first... boom. 100% disk usage and RAM usage increasing slowly, huge difference in my memory maps. I had let my PC sit for 10 mins

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Finally... now I know it was Qsync.

Fixing:

I deleted unused files and unsync my folders I don't need, and the RAM usage has been significantly better. I have moved to NetBak Replicator to backup many files, but I still using Qsync to instantly sync important files to my other system. Didn't bother to report the issue to customer support because they are horrible

Conclusion:

This might not be useful for you. Basically the first step is to check Task manager and sort RAM usage to see which app has highest usage. If it did not show anything useful, try disable all startup apps on Task manager and your apps options if it allow you to change, reboot and let your PC sit for a while and check RAM usage. You may temporary disable file syncing if any. if it's okay, start your app manually one by one to see which caused the leak. Don't change anything in regedit if you have no idea what you are doing

I'm not expert in memory mapping so I have no idea why Qsync was leaking a lot behind if you sync too many files, i think it has to do with icon changing in real time. Feel free to explain in detail if you know about it

:)

evildog1, Jan 4, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Jan 4, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Jan 4, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

How I fixed memory leaks

Power Toys run memory leak

There's nothing that anyone here can do about a memory leak. Only the developers of leaking software can fix leaks in their software. This is a community forum. I suggest posting your issue on MSDN.

BulldogXX, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

How I fixed memory leaks

1. How I fixed memory leaks - Similar Threads - fixed memory leaks

2. i have memory leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have memory leak: as you can see in th epic, i have 5gb leak somewere and i cant find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-memory-leak/02b1f1a8-c976-4636-9349-1bae283a3bfb
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  5. Memory leak fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory leak fix?: Hey everyone!I seem to have a sudden super high spike in RAM usage even though no apps are open. I can't seem to figure out this memory leak. Any ideas? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-leak-fix/2dd3a350-1faf-4b0a-9ee2-796497b29560
  6. Memory Leak

Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  7. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  8. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  9. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  10. is this memory leak?

is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...