Windows 10: How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan (Hint: it sucked)

Discus and support How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan (Hint: it sucked) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I've used Apple all-in-ones and iMacs since 1986. Tim Cook has been efficiently destroying Apple and I jumped off the iMac ship in April of 2017. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Pool Man, Oct 3, 2018.

1. How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan (Hint: it sucked)

So I've used Apple all-in-ones and iMacs since 1986. Tim Cook has been efficiently destroying Apple and I jumped off the iMac ship in April of 2017. I did so because my 3 year old iMac was going to be replaced by a new one that... really... wasn't that different from my old one... except that it came with a notable price increase.

So I decided to get a Mini PC and monitor. Why? One silly reason I didn't want YET another camera staring me in the face with a nearby mic. Both the Asus monitor and VivoMini PC allowed me this. Another reason was how 'easy' the VivoMini PC is to open.

How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan  (Hint:  it sucked) [​IMG]

I loved the idea of this thing. But the execution has been painful. What was promised as 'library whisper quiet' really turned out to be kinda loud. If you've ever been in a hotel room while someone is vacuuming next door, it sounds something like that.

I contacted support. They casually suggested sending it in. Why I didn't is they have an annoying tendency to wipe your drive and then I'd have to spend a while putting everything back in its place. I opted out.

Over the year or so it got louder. And louder. To the point it made a disturbing sound when turned on in the morning. Almost a 'clackity-clack' at boot.. which went away... and was only 'fan' noise the rest of the day. I mean you touch anything and the fan would increase. YouTube upset it immensely.

A few days ago I noticed that the heat outtake had 3 of about 30 tiny holes clogged.

How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan  (Hint:  it sucked) [​IMG]

I rolled my Hoover upright over. Crossed my fingers. Turned it on and aimed the bare nozzle on it. Worked it for a few seconds. Hit the intake holes on the other side.

Fan noise is now %99 gone. It is now as 'whisper/library quiet' as the marketing promised.

Don't fear. The fan still works. I know it does because the temperature readings are MUCH lower than usual. I'm at 46C and all summer it's been a fast jump to the 60s and 70s.

What's infuriating here is that -- if it was dust somehow -- how was it that my unit has NEVER been this quiet? Think about it. It means that dust was in it AT PURCHASE. And I can confirm it just wasn't me because other reviewers of the unit had the same complaint about the noisy fan.

Anyway I'm planting this here in case it helps someone surfing the net.

:)

The Pool Man, Oct 3, 2018

2. Noisy fan

my laptop has gained this problem with the fan being very noisy.. you know its now irritating.. anyone knows how I can fix this?

CedricSavatia, Oct 3, 2018
  3. a-manxs Win User
    CPU fan speed is high and noisy

I did it but still fan is noisy and loud.

a-manxs, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan (Hint: it sucked)

1. How I fixed my noisy Asus VivoMini V66 PC fan (Hint: it sucked) - Similar Threads - fixed noisy Asus

2. My fan is noisy randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fan is noisy randomly: My fan is noisy. It's been a couple months. I cleaned the fan before and there was no dust left, whenever I play for a couple hours it randomly starts loud and fast. This isn't a overheating issue since I monitor my laptop every hour. Whenever it is noisy I shut my laptop and...
  3. My fan is noisy randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fan is noisy randomly: My fan is noisy. It's been a couple months. I cleaned the fan before and there was no dust left, whenever I play for a couple hours it randomly starts loud and fast. This isn't a overheating issue since I monitor my laptop every hour. Whenever it is noisy I shut my laptop and...
  4. noisy pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    noisy pc: I had a problem with my pc and with all that had happened as it started with me typing my newsletter page and then saving it and it always went to my documents folder but no it went to the quick access and I had done some searching and it was suggested to run the system...
  5. Fan is noisy after failed update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan is noisy after failed update: Hi! Yesterday my computer wanted to do an update, and when it was 86 % finished with the update something went wrong and it showed a message saying something like "undoing the changes made on your computer..." roughly translated. Then it restarted and the fan started...
  6. Laptop Fan Very Noisy

Laptop Fan Very Noisy: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 laptop, recently the fan of the laptop became really noisy, where the fan starts to become noiser when I launch programmes such as photoshop and even when I have a few browser tabs open, I had tried the following without any success in...
  7. How can you reduce/fix noisy fan for dell inspiron 5000?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can you reduce/fix noisy fan for dell inspiron 5000?: I have a brand new dell inspiron 13 5391, but every now and then, the fan starts being very noisy randomly, even though there’s very little stress/work the laptop is going through. Any solutions? submitted by /u/quickuse19 [link] [comments]...
  8. Fan is too noisy!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan is too noisy!: My fan is far too noisy, I can hear it during streaming and recording. Is there a way to either turn it down or set it to be less frequent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-is-too-noisy/5da2e4e0-67f3-470d-8510-12c1139630f8
  9. PC fans are constantly spinning and noisy

PC fans are constantly spinning and noisy: Hello Here. My new pc fans keep spinning and It is so noisy. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-fans-are-constantly-spinning-and-noisy/6144e25b-9b13-4633-a461-98a7714bfe65
  10. FAN NOISY

FAN NOISY: Hello, My name is Donald and i have a problem concerning my fan. Actually i tried to clean it and remove dust but it’s still making noise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-noisy/f5475ace-a388-4ec7-b477-ccb43da9f843

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus vivo mini fan is not spinning