Windows 10: How I search a group of files by their created date?

Discus and support How I search a group of files by their created date? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot find search's option of "by created date", just only by "modified date". Could I search in advanced mode to choose exactly options by myself?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VietCan, Nov 22, 2018.

1. VietCan Win User

How I search a group of files by their created date?

I cannot find search's option of "by created date", just only by "modified date". Could I search in advanced mode to choose exactly options by myself?

:)

VietCan, Nov 22, 2018

2. Grouping pictures by month or actual date in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for sorting the pictures in date wise and check if it helps.

• Go to “file explorer” and open it.
    • Right click on the picture screen.
    • Click on “group by” option and go to more options.
    • Check the box “Date” and click on “Ok”
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 22, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. How I search a group of files by their created date?

Create contact group

Hi Suzy,

To narrow down your concern in creating a contact group, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages in creating a contact group? If yes, what is the error?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

How I search a group of files by their created date?

1. How I search a group of files by their created date? - Similar Threads - search group files

2. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  4. group by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  5. group by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the group by date setting ,no longer groups them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  6. Searching for Files by Date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for Files by Date: With Windows 7, searching by date or a range of "custom dates" was much easier. I am seriously confused why the programmers at Microsoft would remove or hide such a useful tool. I hope that this feature in some capacity will come back. Let me describe how this feature...
  7. Saving attachment groups files by dates

in Browsers and Email
    Saving attachment groups files by dates: I have Thunderbird 68.12.1 (32-bit) & use Sandboxie. If I want to save an attachment, I save it to a Downloads folder. Lately, SaveAs dialog box shows the folder in date groups. e.g. [img] I do sort the Downloads folder by date, but I don't have any grouping set up that...
  8. How do I search for files made on a certain date?

in Cortana
    How do I search for files made on a certain date?: My "Search Windows" box does not allow me to search by date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-search-for-files-made-on-a-certain-date/9bdd46d8-2ca6-4edc-8efc-b7eae594f65c
  9. Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled: I am having two problems from within the search tool. 1. I cannot change the default Date Modified to Date Created. 2. I cannot set an exact date range, say August 12,2018 to August 29, 2018. When I try to fine tune the date range File Explore crashes. Very vexing. So need...
  10. Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled

in Windows 10 Support
    Date Range Searching By Date Created Stalled: I am having two problems from within the search tool. 1. I cannot change the default Date Modified to Date Created. 2. I cannot set an exact date range, say August 12,2018 to August 29, 2018. When I try to fine tune the date range File Explore crashes. Very vexing. So need...