Windows 10: How I want to open a PDF in email

Discus and support How I want to open a PDF in email in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When opening emails that have a PDF attached I click on the pdf and a pop up box asks me how I want to open this file - it asks if I want to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRITTHETH, Jan 3, 2019.

1. BRITTHETH Win User

How I want to open a PDF in email

When opening emails that have a PDF attached I click on the pdf and a pop up box asks me how I want to open this file - it asks if I want to use Microsoft edge which is fine BUT it asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME I open a pdf.

I have selected the button down the bottom to say use this app every time but the pop up keeps popping up and asking me how I want to open the file.

I have checked the default setting for opening a pdf file and it is set for edge so I just cant work out why it keeps asking me - its getting really annoying.

I am using Outlook for my email

:)

BRITTHETH, Jan 3, 2019

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jan 3, 2019
  4. How I want to open a PDF in email

not able to open pdf

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you seeing any error messages?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you made any changes on your pc prior this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article to fix issues with

PDF files.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

How I want to open a PDF in email

1. How I want to open a PDF in email - Similar Threads - open PDF email

2. how do I open PDF's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I open PDF's?: For some unknown reason, I can no longer open any PDF on Windows or Google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-pdfs/02e81d57-18ec-4cdb-a1b8-127791fc5eab
  3. how do I open PDF's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I open PDF's?: For some unknown reason, I can no longer open any PDF on Windows or Google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-pdfs/02e81d57-18ec-4cdb-a1b8-127791fc5eab
  4. Can't open pdf email attachments

Can't open pdf email attachments: Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments. Also not able to...
  5. I cannot open PDF's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot open PDF's: I cannot open PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-pdfs/6acd27dc-0728-4614-873d-17f5ff5275b7
  6. Can't open a PDF I received in email

Can't open a PDF I received in email: I have a pdf from a friend, it shows in the message as 4.82MB. When I attempt to open it in the mail app I get "nothing to see here", doesn't matter if I'm in the msg itself or if I save it first and then try to open it. However, it opens fine in outlook.com, in webmail...
  7. How to ad a PDF file to an email?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to ad a PDF file to an email?: Hello, I have from my bank a PDF file of a transaction I made 2 weeks ago. As the recipient did not get the money , he wants me to send him this PDF. How can I do this? I tried to copy-paste and it does not work. There is no possibility to make a copy and attach it either...
  8. Email PDF

Email PDF: Recently someone sent me a PDF attachment to an Email, I did not get it, I got the Email but not the attachment the sender tells me it keeps bouncing back, I have no idea why? anyone know what might be stopping it? if so what is the remedy....
  9. every attachment that come in email is saved when i only want to open how to open only and...

every attachment that come in email is saved when i only want to open how to open only and...: when a email arrives with an attachment I would like the option of opening and not saving how to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-attachment-that-come-in-email-is-saved-when/bbb3e844-264f-4abb-849a-b23bd9b0ba19"
  10. Create and email pdf always wants to print it too?

Create and email pdf always wants to print it too?: Not sure if this is the right place to put this... Feel free to move it if needed. We just updated a work pc to Ten from Seven. When we try to create and email a pdf from a program called Printers Plan it always starts to print it too. We temporarily uninstalled the printer,...