Windows 10: How important is having windows on a better storage device

Discus and support How important is having windows on a better storage device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I currently have my windows on my HDD. I recently bought a 500gb nvme SSD. I’ve used about 250gb of my hard drive space. Is it worth cloning my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spoopy_john, Apr 9, 2021.

1. How important is having windows on a better storage device

So I currently have my windows on my HDD. I recently bought a 500gb nvme SSD. I’ve used about 250gb of my hard drive space. Is it worth cloning my system onto my nvme or is it unnecessary hassle? Also, are there any good tools for moving Windows onto my SSD easily

submitted by /u/spoopy_john
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spoopy_john, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 9, 2021
  4. How important is having windows on a better storage device

Importing photos

Hi Susie,

Is the phone not recognized or is it not importing the pictures automatically?

Is Nokia PC suite installed in your PC? Is that not recognizing the phone as well?

I would suggest you to open device manager and check if the device is listed in the device manager. Right click on the start button and click on Device manager. Check if the device is listed there . If it is listed, right click on the entry and click update
    driver. If the device is not listed, check if the device is listed under other categories. I would also suggest you to click on the 'View' menu button and click on "show hidden devices' and check if you find any entries related to your phone. Try these steps
    and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

How important is having windows on a better storage device

1. How important is having windows on a better storage device - Similar Threads - important having better

2. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Devices: I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set...
  3. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Devices: I am unable to copy and paste files from my internal storage which is full to my external storage which is not full. I have nearly 8T worth of free storage on my external storage, but I receive the message that i do not have enough space. Also, I have my external storage set...
  4. How to protect storage devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to protect storage devices?: Hello to all, I recently realized that it is possible to access data on a hard drive by simply unplugging it and plugging it back into another computer. So I did some research and activated BitLocker. However, I can't activate the data lock/unlock automatically, so I have to...
  5. How to protect storage devices?

How to protect storage devices?: Hello to all, I recently realized that it is possible to access data on a hard drive by simply unplugging it and plugging it back into another computer. So I did some research and activated BitLocker. However, I can't activate the data lock/unlock automatically, so I have to...
  6. How to restore import Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore import Storage Spaces?: Had to reinstall windows due to boot failure. Same version before and after, Windows 11 HomeDisks shows in Disk Management but can't do anything. Right clicking on them displays all the items greyed out except help and "Convert to Dynamic Disk". I never tried convert to...
  7. How to restore import Storage Spaces?

How to restore import Storage Spaces?: Had to reinstall windows due to boot failure. Same version before and after, Windows 11 HomeDisks shows in Disk Management but can't do anything. Right clicking on them displays all the items greyed out except help and "Convert to Dynamic Disk". I never tried convert to...
  8. Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Devices: I have an SSD and a HD. My SSD is completely full and has no more space on it. When I try to download something it says my SSD is full and wont just download to the HD. Why is this ? submitted by /u/pjhath [link] [comments]...
  9. Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Device: hello, My laptop is hp 15 bs-544tu. At place of HDD, I'm feeling heat, after latest update. My optimization and fragmentation frequency is set on daily bases. Help me to get rid of it....
  10. Windows 10 version 2004: better Reserved Storage management

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 2004: better Reserved Storage management: Microsoft introduced Reserved Storage in Windows 10 version 1903. Reserved Storage reserves storage for the operating system that is used exclusively for system updates, temporary files and other system activities. The main idea behind Reserved Storage is to improve the...