Windows 10: How in hell does one “enable check for updates...”

Discus and support How in hell does one “enable check for updates...” in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/daemon7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxo0pi/how_in_hell_does_one_enable_check_for_updates/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daemon7, Nov 17, 2019.

1. How in hell does one “enable check for updates...”

/u/daemon7, Nov 17, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 17, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

How in hell does one “enable check for updates...”

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

How in hell does one “enable check for updates...”

1. How in hell does one “enable check for updates...” - Similar Threads - hell does “enable

2. How to enable Check apps and files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Check apps and files?: Hello, Can you help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-enable-check-apps-and-files/bc68c76a-9d34-433e-8416-0051372ee6fc
  3. How does one report an update issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How does one report an update issue?: Hi Microsoft "techies" - I wish to report a SEVERE issue when applying optional update KB5003690When applied it effectively forces the desktop computer display to 640x360 - it then being impossible toreturn to the monitor's standard of 1280x1024This is ifuriating as the...
  4. Stuck in update hell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in update hell: I have recently been stuck in an update hell to where even Windows itself can't seem to fix itself of. I was at my significant others place for two weeks, and I attempted to look for updates after having issues with the store. It constantly was checking for updates. After...
  5. How to enable "check apps and files"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable "check apps and files": How to enable "check apps and files" option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-enable-check-apps-and-files/88544596-177f-4a40-b323-6469d2b61e10
  6. When does 'Check for updates' run?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When does 'Check for updates' run?: Hello, When does 'Check for updates' run? Three days have passed but Windows doesn't check for new update automatically. Thanks 139556
  7. Update hell.

Update hell.: My machine went down and has put me in limbo after this latest update. It will not let me get back on. The best I can do is get to Command Prompt. Every thing else is an exercise in futility. What can I do to get back into my machine?...
  8. how often does windows automatically check for updates?

how often does windows automatically check for updates?: hi can anyone tell how often windows automatically checks for updates(last check was yesterday at about 21:30 gmt I'm nervous of clicking check for updates as i read its recommended you don't...
  9. Windows Update does not check for updates automatically.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update does not check for updates automatically.: I have this problem for a long time on my laptop, windows update does not automatically search for updates, I have to do a manual search to download the latest updates. I have run the microsoft problem solver, also one that I found in this forum, I have installed and...
  10. Enable spell check

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable spell check: Hi, i have English version of Windows 10 installed. I want to enable spell check (proofing) in Microsoft Word. If I install language pack from "region and language" settings (Croatian language, default language) will it "translate" windows from English to Croatian?...